Knight transferring as grad transfer

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I am curious if you are entering as a grad transfer do you still play? Because that usually means you know that the school isn't going to have the Grad program you want to do.
Probably depends on the circumstance, like your suggesting. If he just knows he will be graduating and not staying at Tech, and just wants to go ahead and get his name out there because he needs to look at grad programs, I don't really see an issue letting him continue to play if he can still be 100% committed.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I would be surprised if he was still with the team. The timing is weird if he is. I am not sure it will go over well with his teammates if he is talking to other programs while still playing for Tech.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I would be surprised if he was still with the team. The timing is weird if he is. I am not sure it will go over well with his teammates if he is talking to other programs while still playing for Tech.

Yeah this one is weird because i honestly wouldn't see a grad transfer being the same as any other. yes usually you announce that at the end of the season but with the current nature of the transfer portal this might become more common i would also think that it wouldn't necessarily be a problem with the team either as they probably already know stuff like this.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
He's been interesting to watch. Recruited as a QB, moved to LB and looked pretty good early on. But as time has gone on he has seemed to fade a bit into the background. I don't know what happened.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was left to the discretion of the coach whether they remained on the team. My own preference would be let him play depending on the players attitude and desire to play. Would he be a positive contributor? This young man has been willing to change positions to help the team. I am sure he would like more PT. Without looking it up he may have 2 more years of eligibility due to covid and still uncertainty on the next HC.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm sick about this. Knight was sure to be a strong candidate for QB in the spread option. Given his weight and speed today, he'd be a load in that offense, either as a QB or BB. He's a good LB, mind, but he could have been so much better in the position he was recruited for. I always wondered why he wasn't tried out at RB, sorta like I continue to be mystified why Oliver wasn't moved there. Yet another conundrum of the C****** years.

Good luck Demetrious! Thanks for being a Jacket! I'll miss watching you play.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I'm sick about this. Knight was sure to be a strong candidate for QB in the spread option. Given his weight and speed today, he'd be a load in that offense, either as a QB or BB. He's a good LB, mind, but he could have been so much better in the position he was recruited for. I always wondered why he wasn't tried out at RB, sorta like I continue to be mystified why Oliver wasn't moved there. Yet another conundrum of the C****** years.

Good luck Demetrious! Thanks for being a Jacket! I'll miss watching you play.
Isn't he one of the faster guys on the team. Use him in short goal line situations to pound it inside. He would be a load and could get to the edge if he is fast.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Isn't he one of the faster guys on the team. Use him in short goal line situations to pound it inside. He would be a load and could get to the edge if he is fast.
Put Knight in the pot with Cottrell and Oliver for CGC wasting another talented player.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, yes, he is. And that was wasted because the ace head coach just couldn't find a way to use him. Surprise, surprise. I'd have … ah, well.
Something different.