Kind of Offtopic - Do You Wish Bobby Dodd Stadium was flipped?

slugboy

Staff member
… It sucks and is odd because the upper east used to be some of the best most valued seats in the stadium, especially in between the twenties. Right on top of the field and some of the best in cfb. Club seats are always going to look like crap because the only reason people by those seats is so they have the option to sit underneath with their wives and children, especially when it's hot or there's the slightest bit of precipitation.

Yes, what we need is more skyboxes, and to “move” the club seats to skyboxes. Even if we had a place to add skyboxes—and maybe a smart architect/engineer could figure out how—we’d probably convert good seats to skyboxes and leave the club seats as-is.
But, while we’re wishing to flip the stadium, I’d wish to magically convert slabs of the “lower” upper deck to skyboxes and do something more interesting with the club seats (like bring back the flip cards :D )

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
One of my favorites is coming south on 85 and you make that curve and all the big buildings line up right in front of you.
The "gold standard" for ATL skyline views, at least judging by what gets used in TV and movie shots, is the view from the Jackson St. Bridge over Freedom Parkway:
1663088375304.png

Though it sometimes gets edited to make it look like the highway view instead of Freedom Parkway:
1663088428509.png

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
For years now I have been sitting in the West, looking at empty Gold seats. In the last couple of years the upper East has been empty or full of opposing team colors. I don't know the answer, but there has to be a better way to handle that.
I sit in the gold seats in the east, last year was bad but the lower east was pretty full, at least my section, during the WCU game. Upper east not so much. It's a shame because tech fans usually do well with filling the west stands and people rarely notice that.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I know there’s no spot for it but a video board at the north end zone would be nice. I won’t sit anywhere too far south because watching football live without a jumbotron is a terrible experience.

I like to sit Upper West for the skyline view but I’ve never sat Upper East. I might try it - I forgot how significantly closer to the field you are over there. The energy levels in Lower West are where it’s at though.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I know there’s no spot for it but a video board at the north end zone would be nice. I won’t sit anywhere too far south because watching football live without a jumbotron is a terrible experience.

I like to sit Upper West for the skyline view but I’ve never sat Upper East. I might try it - I forgot how significantly closer to the field you are over there. The energy levels in Lower West are where it’s at though.

The lower east used to be the rowdiest. Sad what it's become! Hard to believe now that one of the talking points for the 2003 expansion was that the upper East would remain untouched and right on top of the field. They used to be even closer.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of the city as the backdrop, if you haven't, drive down 10th Street towards the bridge at night. Once it starts to open up and you can see the buildings across the interstate, it's one of the most gorgeous city-scapes you'll see. Very dramatic...I was caught off guard the first time I really paid attention.
indeed, its prerty awesome!!
its like BOOOM....there is the.city!...
tis awesome

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The lower east used to be the rowdiest. Sad what it's become! Hard to believe now that one of the talking points for the 2003 expansion was that the upper East would remain untouched and right on top of the field. They used to be even closer.
First 5-10 rows of upper east between 35s are the best seats in the stadium

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Definitely would be better flipped. As it stands now, we have the camera on empty gold seats surrounded by a smattering of visiting fans. Visiting team sideline also visible.