Kickoff times for first three weeks set

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Pleasantly suprised to see Alcorn St won their conference last year. I prefer to get in reps against a decent team so hopefully they will be decent again.

Anyone know if Tulane returns much?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Actually I think I was wrong, the Raycom game is always 12:30. I think these games are on one of the Fox Sports channels most likely.
I read somewhere the first two are on Fox Sports South, which I get on Direct TV, and which I keep on my "favorites" list though I watch it only when GT is on, and the ND game naturally is on NBC. Also the first two will be streamed on ESPN3, which is a really decent way to watch it if you have Apple TV or such to get it on a wide screen HD TV. Really interesting that Alcorn is moved to Thursday night. Might be too enthusiastic about it, but seems to me it is one of the visible results of the '14 season.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
ND is getting a lot of preseason hype. I'd imagine they will be top 10 when the Coach's Poll and AP poll are released. I can see us anywhere from 15-25. If we win that game, we should vault in the polls. Of course, that's assuming ND beats Texas and UVA in the first two weeks.
ND will be in the top ten if they even show up for practice. Should be a real incentive to the guys, and you know Paul Johnson is going to be playing, hard, the "we don't get no respect" card, and "I don't want nobody to give me nothing" which always brings the players to the edge of their seats. Feeding red meat to the lions.

Animal02

Banned
Pretty sure they gave real diplomas in the 60s too. I don't remember having to wait for mine to come in the mail.
mine was real in '84. They had a few fake blank ones on stage (I was in the first row so I could see how things worked.) to hand to those that for whatever reason (mix up of name or did not really escape) The first thing that people did when walking off the stage was to look down the roll to see if there was printing....it meant you had really done it!!! :joyful:

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure they gave real diplomas in the 60s too. I don't remember having to wait for mine to come in the mail.

I'm guessing it depends on the school these days. For my undergrad in Boston when you walked they handed you the actual diploma so I was surprised that wasn't the case two years later at Tech. Wasn't really a big deal all things considered.