Key

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Lots of amazing stuff in there. Not to rehash old items, but this still blows me away:

Key said the Jackets had been practicing, lightly, two times a week before Collins’ dismissal. But on that first Tuesday of Key’s interim tenure, Tech worked out for 2-1/2 hours in full pads. The Jackets would continue to train similarly all week before playing at No. 24 Pittsburgh that Saturday.
If true, hard to believe that the then-coach's job was on the hot seat, and they were still only having the team practice "lightly, two times a week".

I also appreciated this bit, addressing the team on Day 0 as interim head coach:

‘The first thing I want you to understand is I am you, you are me. I’ve walked in the same shoes you have. I know what you go through every day. I know what it’s like to go to Scheller and take a test in accounting.

“Y’all can sit around and feel sorry for yourselves and that’s what you’re gonna be known as. You’re talking about defining a season? You have a chance to define who you are individually right now. Plain and simple. So you wanna be a bunch of losers or not? But the first thing we have to figure out what to do is to stop losing. Y’all have zero confidence in yourself. There’s no competitive nature to you. I don’t know how to change it. But we’re going to tomorrow at 9 o’clock in the morning.’ "
That tone and attitude says a lot, and sounds like one of the reasons this team would ultimately run through a wall if Coach Key asked them to. Hell, I'd run through a wall if he asked me to, just having read a statement like that.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Lots of amazing stuff in there. Not to rehash old items, but this still blows me away:

If true, hard to believe that the then-coach's job was on the hot seat, and they were still only having the team practice "lightly, two times a week".

I also appreciated this bit, addressing the team on Day 0 as interim head coach:

That tone and attitude says a lot, and sounds like one of the reasons this team would ultimately run through a wall if Coach Key asked them to. Hell, I'd run through a wall if he asked me to, just having read a statement like that.
It seems that all TFG wanted was his cushy buyout. I wonder if Mack will let him practice his D two days/week this fall?