Kevin Robbins has left the team

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Well the division in the locker room in 2007 was actually primarily the coaches and most of that was on Tenuta. When your DC walks into the locker room after the ACCCG and YELLS in front of the players at the OC WTTE of "If your damn offense could score, we would have won that game. My defense did its job." And when the OC has to then be restrained by the other coaches because he's trying to hit the DC...yeah that creates friction and tension in the locker room for the players.

That was hilarious by the way, but that was a build up from conservative play calling/low scoring gms from the previous week vs. UGA & UNC

GravyTrain

Georgia Tech Fan
sl1m75: Personally, I don't fault players when they transfer, it is their career, and they have the right to determine it. However, there is nothing against the fans posting their thoughts about the possibility of reasons for leaving. That is what this board is about, discussions of actions, recruiting, coaches, etal, at GT. Just as my thoughts on the board about the situation combined with other transfers and rumors suggested there could be some kind of internal problems with the team, or between certain members of the team and the coaching.

The coach also has his right to warn the fans about expecting too much from a recruit by putting him on a pedastal. It can have an effect on some athletes and cause them to take practice and learning for granted. Those who think Custis is the best thing since corn flakes would tend to hype him at the expense of a proven Laskey, because they might want him to beat out Laskey. Any opposite discussion to lessen the hype is then seen by others as a degrading remark against Custis, which is untrue.

The internet is here, and the boards are here for all types of discussions. The only things I think the moderators should keep in line are vile language, attacks against other posters, and derogatory remarks against all athletes. Personally, the coaches earn enough money that the remarks against them, unless flagrant, should be allowed. This is a way that the fan has to voice his displeasure with the coaching and team. The fans have this right as they are footing the bill for the coaches and the team through attendance at the games. I would guess that every coach either scans his team's boards occasionally or has someone to monitor them to see the fans gripes, likes, suggestions, etal.

I disagree with your thoughts on what should be allowed on message boards, particularly this one. That is up to Eric (the owner of the site) and the moderators of this site. We do not have the right to say and post as we please here; membership and contribution to this site is a privilege. If someone allows you into their house, you are expected to play by their rules or be asked to leave. I believe Eric and the moderators have a vision of what they want this board to be, and we have no place to try and tell them what that should be. So far, I'd say they're doing a heck of a job.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Could either change their mind
Honestly, I don't know. When my buddy told me about Robbins, he said that it was "partly the issue with the major and partly something else". He didn't expound and I didn't ask.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Well the division in the locker room in 2007 was actually primarily the coaches and most of that was on Tenuta. When your DC walks into the locker room after the ACCCG and YELLS in front of the players at the OC WTTE of "If your damn offense could score, we would have won that game. My defense did its job." And when the OC has to then be restrained by the other coaches because he's trying to hit the DC...yeah that creates friction and tension in the locker room for the players.

Edit: for those of you who knew Tenuta, I cleaned up the language a bit from what he said. :p

They should have turned Nix loose to go after Tenuta.

Problem would have been, however, that Tenuta would have had to crap through a strainer for a few days so they could recover enough of Nix to have a proper burial.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Not at all.

Just look at Robbins frame...he is a 270 guy max. He was DE all the way. Not a chance he was going to be a DT.
Eric,
I don't give a ratsa-- whether a guy is recruited for Aback and plays DT if he can do the job.The fact is we don't have the DL we need to compete at a high level even in this bad conference.(btw-this past yrs decent DL was an outlier with 3 Sr starters which we haven't had nor will have for a while-so you either recruit TOP caliber DTs or grow / develop guys which take a while.With Commisiong (sp) the ONLY real DT signed in the last 2 yrs,then some of those DEs will have to be DTs it sure looks like)
If that is not so ,lets revisit this after next yr and see what kind if results we have had. on run stop and pass rush.

THEN,with these young guys leaving and not recruiting any DTs this past yr lets see where we are 3 yrs down road when Gotsis/Kallon are gone.I don't think we are magically going to recruit some hero DTs in 2 yrs to come in and play as Fr at a high level,do you?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I didn't say anything about where Robbins was recruited for...I said he's a DE. He doesn't have the frame to be a DT.

I replied to your post where you were saying someone else was wrong for saying Robbins was DE...when in reality he is a DE.

We have

Gotsis Jr
Kallon So
Kitchen JR
Commission Fr

Who are all scheduled to be back in 2015...which makes signing good DTs in this class important as they will still have a year to get ready.

Also have Klock who could be a DL.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
They should have turned Nix loose to go after Tenuta.

Problem would have been, however, that Tenuta would have had to crap through a strainer for a few days so they could recover enough of Nix to have a proper burial.

Tenuta barked a lot but Nix was younger and in much better shape. I would have put my money on nix in that fight.