Ken’s Halfway Point Breakdown

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/how-georgia-tech-stands-after-six-games/dlf7PbE8ieXwi0Jq50vBmI/

It was not a message that invokes great hope for the second half of the season, starting with the Jackets’ game Saturday at Miami. Tech’s 1-5 record falls in line with various statistical benchmarks – the Jackets rank 121st in FBS in total offense, 93rd in total defense and 100th in the Sagarin ratings.

A place where both sides need growth, both offensive coordinator Dave Patenaude and defensive coordinator Andrew Thacker said, was in players executing when called upon. As Patenaude put it, “elite teams have elite dudes making elite plays offensively.” It could be an offensive tackle holding off a defensive end in a one-on-one matchup or a quarterback making the right read and pass. He mentioned, as an example, that tight end Tyler Davis dropped a pass against Duke that would have been a first down.

slugboy

Staff member
What?!? The staff threw the players under the bus! Execution, clearly they're not taking accountability. /Sarcasmoff

Sarcasm isn’t working on the board lately.

Saying elite teams have elite players making elite plays isn’t throwing players under the bus. At this level, players need to make the right reads, catch catchable balls, and at least hold the player up if you don’t make a solo tackle. Our margin for error is slim, and we make too many errors right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Sarcasm isn’t working on the board lately.

Saying elite teams have elite players making elite plays isn’t throwing players under the bus. At this level, players need to make the right reads, catch catchable balls, and at least hold the player up if you don’t make a solo tackle. Our margin for error is slim, and we make too many errors right now.

My point exactly. This is what the people on each side with extreme opinions say. I know we heard it and still hear it about CPJ almost every day.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
By saying players need to execute and a senior TE should make a catch? I think its more insulting ya'll think our players are that delicate.
Just taking my lead from others on the board from years past, see an example below in response to a previous coach stating a 5th year senior should care enough to hold on to the ball.

He said a 5th year senior didn't care enough to hold on to the ball. It's a fact that he threw Qua under the bus. He messed up on this one sorry.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
That wasn’t at all the tone of that article or of the comments of the coaches. That’s taking what they said completely out of context, to say the least.

My post is more of a reflection on your site rather than the coaches.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Unless, of course, they have schemed the offense to play to the strengths of the players that are actually available.

I have quoted (sorta) several times a post on the Miami board after we whipped them 0nce. What the guy said is that da U depended on putting good players in a position where they could use their talent to make a play. Tech, he then said, designed the plays to achieve results, despite the talents of the players involved.

This quote from Paternaude shows the problems I see going forward. What he is saying is that he needs elite players who can deliver elite performance in order to succeed. Personally, I doubt he'll ever get them in sufficient numbers to make his ideas about offense work. It's up to the coaches to find them and get them to Tech and I don't doubt we will have some success. Enough? Again, I doubt it. What we have to do is adapt the systems we use to the players we can get into Tech and keep there.

But it is early days yet. Hope I'm wrong.

Sidewalking

Banned
That wasn’t at all the tone of that article or of the comments of the coaches. That’s taking what they said completely out of context, to say the least.

I'm new here. Is this some sort of violation of terms of use? Just curious when I see a forum moderator weighing in on a somewhat partisan debate. I agree with you about the tone of the article though. What the coaches said is true for every team. No one can claim we are playing at anything close to an elite level. That's just the end goal.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok, but are we ever gonna stop the turnabout stuff? Dont see how it helps to do the same stuff you are mad at others for doing.
So you’re just trolling. Awesome, thanks for contributing.
Not sure how pointing out that viewpoints have changed is trolling.

@Sidewalking
, if you're talking about a ban, come with it - not bothered. I will note that I have 1,490 likes on 648 messages, so if I am trolling, people seem to be enjoying it.

Sidewalking

Banned
Not sure how pointing out that viewpoints have changed is trolling.

@Sidewalking
, if you're talking about a ban, come with it - not bothered. I will note that I have 1,490 likes on 648 messages, so if I am trolling, people seem to be enjoying it.

Im not at all saying you should be banned. Tech doesn't have enough fans as it is for some to push others away imo. I'm just trying to navigate the rules of the road here.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Unless, of course, they have schemed the offense to play to the strengths of the players that are actually available.

I have quoted (sorta) several times a post on the Miami board after we whipped them 0nce. What the guy said is that da U depended on putting good players in a position where they could use their talent to make a play. Tech, he then said, designed the plays to achieve results, despite the talents of the players involved.

This quote from Paternaude shows the problems I see going forward. What he is saying is that he needs elite players who can deliver elite performance in order to succeed. Personally, I doubt he'll ever get them in sufficient numbers to make his ideas about offense work. It's up to the coaches to find them and get them to Tech and I don't doubt we will have some success. Enough? Again, I doubt it. What we have to do is adapt the systems we use to the players we can get into Tech and keep there.

But it is early days yet. Hope I'm wrong.

Lol that is not what that means at all

slugboy

Staff member
So there is an extensive history of trolling here?

Even a noticeable amount of trolling has an impact.

We do have terms of service under “help”:

https://gtswarm.com/help/terms

Part of it includes:

Any member who is intentionally obnoxious, abusive, disruptive, repetitive, spammy, or "trolling" implied or not may be sent a warning as a reminder or even be banned without warning at the discretion of a moderator.

The board runs better if you think of the terms as guides rather than boundaries; rewriting a post because you think it might be misinterpreted is a lot better than finding the spot just short of getting warned for trolling and keeping your posts on the edge.