Kelton Dawson Enters Transfer Portal

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Hmm...88 scholarships now? I don't know the inter-workings of GT football, but what date do we have to be down to 85? Maybe if the season is delayed or (please no) the season is cancelled we're OK?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Hmm...88 scholarships now? I don't know the inter-workings of GT football, but what date do we have to be down to 85? Maybe if the season is delayed or (please no) the season is cancelled we're OK?
Trust the process. (y)

Good to see you can go from flunking out to the Dean’s List AND go from #3 on the depth chart to #1 in 2 months while being sequestered due to coronavirus!!! Quite a remarkable feat.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete

Takes two to tango....

GTAA had (1) already entered him into their Scholly Calculus (see what I did there?) or (2) there's already been back channel discussions with NCAA HQ or (3) ___________ (Fill in the blank) or (4) some combination thereof.

IMNSHO, this is not going to be unusual across the P5s in such a squirrelly year.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not returning to the football team, just completing his degree as a student.

Still need to get under that scholarship limit.

bos

Helluva Engineer
He won't be back on the team and sounds likely he'll revisit his future decision after the fall term.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
He won't be back on the team and sounds likely he'll revisit his future decision after the fall term.
Is there a source for this? Unless there's something going on, it seems crazy we would not use a returning player with that much experience.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Is there a source for this? Unless there's something going on, it seems crazy we would not use a returning player with that much experience.

Another site (the Hive) has a tweet that I can't access that says he is returning to GT but not the football team.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't be surprised that a number of folks opt out of football at least this season. I hope everything is ok with him.