Kelly Quilan reports that LB Bruce Jordan-Swilling was injured on a Bird or Lime Scooter

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
One thing is for sure... the guys on this team ain't afraid to jump on Social Media to correct someone.. that goes for our QB too.

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. What's the point? I don't like Quinlan's snarky self but if his report is wrong, so be it. There are bigger fish to fry so why pay attention to his nonsense.

One characteristic of our teams is an inability to deal with success when we've had it. In the past, they've kinda had the mark of a team that read's their own press. This being quick to respond to social media stuff is indicative of that.

I know it's not a big deal and I'm just an old man yellin' at clouds here but ... man I'd prefer we just didn't bother.

And get off my lawn!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that BJS seems to have replied to that tweet.
Johnson does not seem to have banned his players from social media for the football season. I read the other day that as of now Swinney has imposed his annual social media blackout for his players. They apparently can read but can't post anything. Not new to Clemson & Swinney and probably not a bad rule for 18-19 year-olds who can get their mouth in gear too easily.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. What's the point? I don't like Quinlan's snarky self but if his report is wrong, so be it. There are bigger fish to fry so why pay attention to his nonsense.

One characteristic of our teams is an inability to deal with success when we've had it. In the past, they've kinda had the mark of a team that read's their own press. This being quick to respond to social media stuff is indicative of that.

I know it's not a big deal and I'm just an old man yellin' at clouds here but ... man I'd prefer we just didn't bother.

And get off my lawn!
IMHO... theres a fine line, but I cant disagree with someone stepping up and correcting false narratives, especially if their namesake is the topic. But, they should be more worried about taking care of business instead of correcting beat writers. I've seen TQM get pretty vocal on Facebook before, but some of our fans like to dog him like he cant see what is being said.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think this is same old - same old. Was BJS probably hurt? Yep, Coach said so. Does this mean that he won't play? No, Coach seems to think this is a game day decision.

Let's put it like this: against USF, BJS definitely plays and so does Marshall. Oth, it won't hurt to let them heal up. Provided, that is, that Alcorn cooperates.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

GTFLETCH

Banned
BJS parents need to take his Scooter back to New Orelans... This Craziness has got to stop if we are going to win the ACC....

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Too bad his teammates think it's funny and enable this. I'd like to see more accountability player-to-player team-wide. Swilling's experience level begs for playing time, and Alcorn State would be the best time to get it. He is going to get used as they get into the meat of the schedule.

Shame and mockery among friends can be fantastic motivators to not get yourself in the same position again. I hope they clown the hell out of him, so the next time he hops on a scooter he’s extra careful. From all appearances, this looks like a pretty minor lesson he’s learned.