Keith Marshall NOT coming to Tech to join his brother

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
This was just put out:

@marcweiszer: Mark Richt says Keith Marshall indeed making this his final season. "He just wants to go ahead and move on and take his shot at the NFL."

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I wouldn't say he's not coming with 100% certainty yet. Once he gets his draft value assessment, he may decide to play another year in college somewhere. And if he plays somewhere, it won't be UGA.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This was just put out:

@marcweiszer: Mark Richt says Keith Marshall indeed making this his final season. "He just wants to go ahead and move on and take his shot at the NFL."

Translation: Hey kid, thanks for signing at UGA as a 5 star, but since you're not really contributing, can you go ahead and move on so we can use that scholarship on someone else? I'm on the hot seat and I need your scholly to sign a headliner to win the press clippings...

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If he does come here ( Which is a long shot ) how well would he do in this offense. The Skov project hasn't went to well and the freshmen still haven't figured the blocking part out. Basically he would be like any other freshmen trying to grasp the scheme. I'd take him in a heart beat but idk if he'd put up better numbers here than he did at UGA.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Keith would most likely be an A-back and a damned fine one. Right now, I'd put the chances of him coming as no greater than 40%. If he gets a draft grade that doesn't project him going super high, then I'd bump those odds up to 60 - 80%.

I have been led to believe that, at the very least, 'what if' discussions have taken place.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If he wants a shot at the league he has to play at another school next year. UGA ain't gonna give him any PT, healthy or not. I'd love to see him come here. I see him as a Bback. Learning curve isn't as steep for a tailback as it might be for a fullback.

Having said all that. Place like Bama might give him the best shot. He would have a chance at platooning and getting some snaps. Wish him well regardless. I'd love to see him blow things up at a new school after being tossed to the curb in Athens.

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
If he wants a shot at the league he has to play at another school next year. UGA ain't gonna give him any PT, healthy or not. I'd love to see him come here. I see him as a Bback. Learning curve isn't as steep for a tailback as it might be for a fullback.

Having said all that. Place like Bama might give him the best shot. He would have a chance at platooning and getting some snaps. Wish him well regardless. I'd love to see him blow things up at a new school after being tossed to the curb in Athens.

Bama's already loaded at back with guys who have been in the system. Somewhere like FSU might be a better fit.