Keeping BF

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Just read the first of probably a few articles to come about a team eye balling the end of BF’s two year contract with us.

BF has a 750k salary currently, but the U-Kentucky article reported how it’s previous coordinator was paid 1.7 million and should be considering giving BF a serious raise once his contract ends.

Assuming our offense is as explosive as last season (I expect it to be even better with everyone returning), will we be able to keep BF? What’s GT’s history of coordinator salary’s and where do we draw the line?

It has been mentioned that BF is very happy here with his family and culture, but if a tempting 2 million comes his way from Kentucky or let’s say Bama, how much would we counter offer even if it’s not that much?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Just read the first of probably a few articles to come about a team eye balling the end of BF’s two year contract with us.

BF has a 750k salary currently, but the U-Kentucky article reported how it’s previous coordinator was paid 1.7 million and should be considering giving BF a serious raise once his contract ends.

Assuming our offense is as explosive as last season (I expect it to be even better with everyone returning), will we be able to keep BF? What’s GT’s history of coordinator salary’s and where do we draw the line?

It has been mentioned that BF is very happy here with his family and culture, but if a tempting 2 million comes his way from Kentucky or let’s say Bama, how much would we counter offer even if it’s not that much?
He is HC material with a little more experience. Family may not like moving around so much. Hope he stays and I would think he likes HK coming back.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
One thing I am confident about is that GT will not overpay for a coach. At some point, some knuckle dragging school, probably in the SECheat, will back up the truck and buy him. Hopefully, it won’t be until his kids graduate and he’s in line for a HC job, but I’m not holding my breath on that.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
He will be here until his son graduates, which I believe is 2 years away at least. If we lose him then, I have no qualms about promoting Weinke after the experience he will have gained working under Buster for 3 years. I don't think Chris has any interest in becoming a HC.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
He will be here until his son graduates, which I believe is 2 years away at least. If we lose him then, I have no qualms about promoting Weinke after the experience he will have gained working under Buster for 3 years. I don't think Chris has any interest in becoming a HC.
Is his son in high school in ATL?

Dman374

Georgia Tech Fan
This article from Football Scoop is over a year old, but surprised by some of the schools in the ACC who pay more for their OC. Tyler Bowen (VT), Des Kitchings (Virginia), & Robert Anae (NC State) all make $850k (According to that article). I'd take Buster over any of those three, even if we bumped his pay 100k to match. I hope he stays home because the second year of that system, with the amount of returning production, and a new dynamic at RB will be fun to watch. I'd also expect to see much more consistency and less hot and cold streaks/quarters that we saw last year.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We are fortunate to have CBF and it is my belief that CBK has a real eye for talent, more importantly though he knows what he wants in a staff. He has identified some good hires and has a great kitchen cabinet to bounce his hires off of.

My hope is we keep AD JB and that Angel keeps his focus on the program. We do that, and hold on to HCBK and we are en route to happier days.