Justin Thomas Feature

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Great video!! Definitely worth watching!

JeT has been a revelation in this offense. He has taken CPJs offense to another level, and I can't wait to see how his career unfolds. I love that he has his sights set on a National Championship!

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Can everyone wrap their head around the fact that Tech has one of the most explosive players in the country. And he is humble.

Actually what I struggle to get my head around is how well he takes care of the ball for a young QB. If he can't do that we are not 7-2.

As Duke has shown this year it is the teams with the maturity and discipline to make the fewest mistakes that usually win a college football game.

IMO that is the foundation you have to have on which to build your playmaking. Thomas is wise beyond his years already in terms of not trying to do too much...just manage the game, make a play when its there or if the situation demands it.

Many explosive athletes try and do too much from the QB position and it costs their teams games. Other than Duke JT has not made crucial mistakes and instead made the plays to win the game. Terrific for a 1st year starter. Smart kid with a calm demeanor and a real understanding of how to manage a whole football game. He gets it.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, turnover margin is the reason this year is much better than last year and it starts with QB play (although Sims had some fumble issues as well).

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Actually what I struggle to get my head around is how well he takes care of the ball for a young QB. If he can't do that we are not 7-2.

As Duke has shown this year it is the teams with the maturity and discipline to make the fewest mistakes that usually win a college football game.

IMO that is the foundation you have to have on which to build your playmaking. Thomas is wise beyond his years already in terms of not trying to do too much...just manage the game, make a play when its there or if the situation demands it.

Many explosive athletes try and do too much from the QB position and it costs their teams games. Other than Duke JT has not made crucial mistakes and instead made the plays to win the game. Terrific for a 1st year starter. Smart kid with a calm demeanor and a real understanding of how to manage a whole football game. He gets it.
I agree. I was thinking before the season we see an equal amount of mistakes as big plays. I think we've got more of the latter.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
with defensive improvement and 2 duke losses, a NT could be within reach this year :D
Even with 2 losses, wins against Clemson, the Mutts and FSU would make a serious case for us to be in the playoff.
Even I don't swallow that. If a two loss team makes the playoff, it's gonna be from the Almighty SEC and no other.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
You're probably right, but you never know. People love winners and wins against those "big boy" programs would make GT one of the hottest teams in the nation.
I guess it's not inconceivable, but it's highly unlikely. But there'd have to be no undefeateds and no one loss teams and only a limited number of two loss teams for GT to make it.

To be honest, I'd be thrilled with that happening regardless of our post season placement. We could easily win out and not even win the Coastal. Go figure.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
with defensive improvement and 2 duke losses, a NT could be within reach this year :D
Even with 2 losses, wins against Clemson, the Mutts and FSU would make a serious case for us to be in the playoff.
This is possible this year due to the playoff committee selecting the top 4 instead of ESPN. If Duke loses 2 and GT blows the doors off NC State/Clempson/uGA/FSU, then GT is in. If we win out without massive style points or Duke doesn't lose enough, then the Orange Bowl is still there.

The odds are very long, but the chance is still there...

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
This is possible this year due to the playoff committee selecting the top 4 instead of ESPN. If Duke loses 2 and GT blows the doors off NC State/Clempson/uGA/FSU, then GT is in. If we win out without massive style points or Duke doesn't lose enough, then the Orange Bowl is still there.

The odds are very long, but the chance is still there...
Yeah, the point is that there's still a ton to play for this year. I want to curb stomp the mutts in a way that sends shockwaves throughout the mutt nation, resulting in weeks hand-wringing and sports radio analysis and eventual firing of Richt.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We have a great athlete at the position that gets the ball on every play. He is great because of his speed and skill set, but he great because he sees the field - almost like he sees the future. coach has helped him gradually mature in his field presence.

Can we ever forget the Game winner over GSU, the perfect pitch to smelter on the the reverse.

2016 could be a H of a year. Could a gt guy get an award in New York that is named for a gt coach?