Justin Thomas 100% at Practice Monday

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
What is everyone's theory about why JT is listed as the starter when it appears he has done very little to earn it in practice? I am thinking there is more than meets the eye going on here and the yellow jersey and the limited playing does not necessarily mean what we are worried it may mean.

I think the theory is that maybe, just maybe CPJ likely thinks that he gives us the best chance to win...Just a thought

stech81

Helluva Engineer
What is everyone's theory about why JT is listed as the starter when it appears he has done very little to earn it in practice? I am thinking there is more than meets the eye going on here and the yellow jersey and the limited playing does not necessarily mean what we are worried it may mean.
Hard to say no one has been to the practices. Just a guess he must be making the right reads in practice.

Last edited:

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
In the words of Allen Iverson
We're sitting in here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talking about practice. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not ... Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man. I mean,how silly is that?
Laskey will be fine, JT will be fine. JT has earned the starting spot because he gives us the best chance to win, no conspiracy there.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
On Laskey:

My roommates who played with Adrian Peterson at GSU always told good stories about practice. One was always that AP never practiced this close to the season. Sometimes he'd be on crutches until game day. Another good one was the time my buddy (walk on) went all "scout team All American" and tried to lay AP out. PJ almost ripped his head off his neck.

Nothing to worry about.
This gets at what I was wondering. No doubt JT and Laskey are the players we want playing but several people seemed overly concerned about what shirt they were wearing. Shirts. That they were wearing. CPJ would tell us if they were really too injured to play. This sounds like his usual approach to me.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I remember CPJ doing the same pretty much every fall camp or even some springs as part of getting more reps for the backups to work on depth. I don't remember Nesbitt getting a lot of full contact snaps or Tevin and Vad after them except when he had very strong doubts as to who deserved to start. Same with other positions. They all get some full contact work, but it has always been a bit variable or relative.