Justin Moore Officially...

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
@dtm1997 agree. The kids almost always (publicly) say they love school X, thank the coaches, it was a really tough decision, etc. They usually attribute it to being closer to home or similar non-controversial reasons.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@dtm1997 agree. The kids almost always (publicly) say they love school X, thank the coaches, it was a really tough decision, etc. They usually attribute it to being closer to home or similar non-controversial reasons.

Justin used those reasons and I think they're legit.

I also think if getting recruited over is a reason, and it might have been, another reason is the reality/realization he won't be a major player at the ACC level.

All indications are Justin is a really good kid, but GT may not have been the right academic fit & he seems to be the type to get distracted easily. That kind of mix is tough to get over the hump with at a place like GT and could easily pile on to any depression you already have due to being far from home. At that point, you'd have to be concerned with how you cope with the depression.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Whew. I'm glad he isn't transferring because we recruited over him. Same with Matthews. And Brown.

When it happens anywhere else, this board lights up with comments that slam the kid for being stupid to go to school X and the coach at school X for "recruiting over him"

In psych, it's called the Fundamental Attribution Error

I think it’s a little different when it’s a high 4 star guy who EVERYONE knows isn’t going to play compared to a former Tulane signee coming into the ACC.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If you can't beat out those being recruited, then either get better, suck it up, or move on. Coupled with distance from family, he has chosen to move on.

Good luck and best wishes.

bos

Helluva Engineer
More importantly, opens up another scholarship for the upcoming class. That's 3 for 2019.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The scholarship is likely to be used this Spring. Either on a HS or grad transfer big.

Regardless I still expect 3 schollies to be given out in 2019. There are plenty of ways to see getting to that number and frankly it is more unusual when a program doesn't have any attrition in the offseason than when it does.

Moore was unlikely to ever be more than a backup PG here - that was my thought when they signed him. They frankly were looking for bodies. If Travis Jorgenson had not given up basketball then Moore may never have been signed.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Moore was unlikely to ever be more than a backup PG here - that was my thought when they signed him. They frankly were looking for bodies. If Travis Jorgenson had not given up basketball then Moore may never have been signed.

Agree with the first part. Not sure I agree with the second. Moore committed about a month before it was made public that Jorgenson wouldn't continue his playing career. Now the staff probably new before that but they were also recruiting Moore before he committed and I think it's likely they wanted to bring in a PG anyways. I think we've seen that Pastner really wants several PG capable players on the team having signed 3 in three classes and bringing in Phillips.

Anyways, hope Moore gets whatever issues he has sorted and finds a good place for him.