Just Saw Derrick Moore On USCe Sidelines

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Not usual for new management to keep old guard around. They usually clean house. DeMo probably did not fit into the new culture. Just like the wreck has disappeared. I'm surprised they still drive it on the field.

slugboy

Staff member
This has been discussed to death
  1. We brought Moore on during the Gailey years
  2. Collins apparently liked him. One of the first photos of Collins in town was him having lunch with Moore. Both of them were happy
  3. We weren’t paying him. We hadn’t been paying him. That wasn’t a change—that had been the case. He was making money from speaking fees and (I believe) the FCA
  4. South Carolina loved what he was doing for us and ponied up a real salary
  5. We did not have the $$$ to compete.
  6. We didn’t fire Moore or run him out of town

slugboy

Staff member
I’m not saying it’s happening on purpose, but we have enough problems to deal with without discovering events that didn’t happen. It’s part of message board life that these speculations pop up, but

- the AA doesn’t have nearly $2 billion burning a hole in its pocket,
- we didn’t run Moore out of town
- the AA didn’t force Johnson to hire Al Groh
- and a bunch of other things that people posted in idle speculation

There are rational explanations for where we are that don’t involve baroque explanations.

Our AA is in too much debt. Moore got offered a stable job that we couldn’t match here. As long as we’re in tight finances, things like this are going to happen.

The solution is to get out of debt.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol foreal?
Damn, apparently so. Not a good look

Screenshot_20211122-080031_Twitter.jpg

LibertyTurns

Banned
It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out he was ran off a long time ago. We have some naive fans, but damn. How many wake up calls do we need?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out he was ran off a long time ago. We have some naive fans, but damn. How many wake up calls do we need?

When a coach gets fired, all the dirty laundry comes out. Never fails.

CGC's dirty laundry should be interesting...