Just having a little fun, what the depth chart could look like in 2017

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I was just curious how things could look 2 years down the road considering we have so many young guys on the field... here's what we could have as a possible 2-deep, only considering guys that are already on campus:

QB: Campbell (SO), Jordan (SR)
AB: JJ Green (SR), Qua (JR), MLD (JR), Lynch (JR), Taquon (JR), Cottrell (SO), Benson (SO)
BB: Marshall (JR), Leggett (JR), Quaide (SO)
WR: Jeune (SR), Stewart (JR), Howell (SO), Phillipot (SO)
OL:
Bryan (JR), Whitley (JR)
Klock (JR), Stickler (JR)
Devine (SR), Brown (JR)
Griffin (SR), Fromayan (SR)
Marshall (SR), Morgan (SO)

DE: Freeman (SR), Saint Amour (JR), Simmons (SR)
DT: Henderson (JR), Glanton (SO), Morgan (SO)
LB: Mitchell (JR), Vic (JR), Lewis (JR), Cooksey (SO)
CB: Austin (SR), Austin (SR), Duhram (SR), Simmons (JR), Wigley (SO), Walker (SO), Dotson (SO)
S: Gray (JR), Curry (SO), Griffin (SR), Kagawa (SR)

While I know these guys could get hurt, or transfer, or leave the program, or whatever... it excites me to see almost ALL of these guys are already getting snaps. Probably 80% of them are already on the field, and will be so much better in 2 years than now. Obviously having a QB that can handle the reads is going to be so critical after JT leaving, but if CC or MJ can handle that, this could be an incredible special team!

This doesn't even factor in any guys in the next 3 signing classes that could crack the 2 deep!

Lets beat UVa and keep the positive energy going and build for a special 2016 and 17 and beyond!

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I was just curious how things could look 2 years down the road considering we have so many young guys on the field... here's what we could have as a possible 2-deep, only considering guys that are already on campus:

QB: Campbell (SO), Jordan (SR)
AB: JJ Green (SR), Qua (JR), MLD (JR), Lynch (JR), Taquon (JR), Cottrell (SO), Benson (SO)
BB: Marshall (JR), Leggett (JR), Quaide (SO)
WR: Jeune (SR), Stewart (JR), Howell (SO), Phillipot (SO)
OL:
Bryan (JR), Whitley (JR)
Klock (JR), Stickler (JR)
Devine (SR), Brown (JR)
Griffin (SR), Fromayan (SR)
Marshall (SR), Morgan (SO)

DE: Freeman (SR), Saint Amour (JR), Simmons (SR)
DT: Henderson (JR), Glanton (SO), Morgan (SO)
LB: Mitchell (JR), Vic (JR), Lewis (JR), Cooksey (SO)
CB: Austin (SR), Austin (SR), Duhram (SR), Simmons (JR), Wigley (SO), Walker (SO), Dotson (SO)
S: Gray (JR), Curry (SO), Griffin (SR), Kagawa (SR)

While I know these guys could get hurt, or transfer, or leave the program, or whatever... it excites me to see almost ALL of these guys are already getting snaps. Probably 80% of them are already on the field, and will be so much better in 2 years than now. Obviously having a QB that can handle the reads is going to be so critical after JT leaving, but if CC or MJ can handle that, this could be an incredible special team!

This doesn't even factor in any guys in the next 3 signing classes that could crack the 2 deep!

Lets beat UVa and keep the positive energy going and build for a special 2016 and 17 and beyond!
Way to go southpaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Tre is a young backer. I think his time will come and I think he may be heir apparent to PJD, not so much which spot he plays but how they play. I think Tre may end up at the Sam backer.

Dang it.....u guys sucked me into a "way too early" thread :)

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
Just for fun, this group will STILL be here in 2018! ...

QB: Campbell (JR)
AB: Qua (SR), MLD (SR), Lynch (SR), Taquon (SR), Cottrell (JR), Benson (JR)
BB: Marshall (SR), Leggett (SR), Quaide (JR)
WR: Stewart (SR), Howell (JR), Phillipot (JR)
OL:
Bryan (SR), Whitley (SR)
Klock (SR), Stickler (SR)
Brown (SR), Morgan (JR)

DE: Saint Amour (SR)
DT: Henderson (SR), Glanton (JR), Morgan (JR), Sellars (JR)
LB: Mitchell (SR), Vic (SR), Lewis (SR), Cooksey (JR)
CB: Simmons (SR), Wigley (JR), Walker (JR), Dotson (JR)
S: Gray (SR), Curry (JR)

That's THIRTY-FOUR players that are already on our roster, 17 of which are currently getting snaps.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Just for fun, this group will STILL be here in 2018! ...

QB: Campbell (JR)
AB: Qua (SR), MLD (SR), Lynch (SR), Taquon (SR), Cottrell (JR), Benson (JR)
BB: Marshall (SR), Leggett (SR), Quaide (JR)
WR: Stewart (SR), Howell (JR), Phillipot (JR)
OL:
Bryan (SR), Whitley (SR)
Klock (SR), Stickler (SR)
Brown (SR), Morgan (JR)

DE: Saint Amour (SR)
DT: Henderson (SR), Glanton (JR), Morgan (JR), Sellars (JR)
LB: Mitchell (SR), Vic (SR), Lewis (SR), Cooksey (JR)
CB: Simmons (SR), Wigley (JR), Walker (JR), Dotson (JR)
S: Gray (SR), Curry (JR)

That's THIRTY-FOUR players that are already on our roster, 17 of which are currently getting snaps.
That list is encouraging but all we know about many of those guys is on high school reels.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I have a feeling Taquan Marshall will play a bigger role at QB in the coming seasons than we suspect. Also, if history is any indicator, you can count about 20% (if not more) of those guys not to be around in 2017 due to a myriad of factors.

2 years is a LONG time in college sports.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I could see Taquan getting a look at QB or possibly even on D somewhere. He's such an athlete, and we obviously have a lot of depth at AB. Wouldn't that be something, moving somoene away from AB instead of to AB.

I am really excited to see Christian Campbell in spring practice and beyond. I also am personally pulling for Jaylend Ratliffe and hope he finds a way to get cleared and make an impact. I thought it was a brilliant decision to delay his enrollment and give him more time to heal. By fall of 2017 he will still be a redshirt freshman.

I also fully expect some of the guys we have committed (Gantt, Mills, Braun, etc) to make a big impact sooner rather than later.

I hope we stay the course with CPJ, things are looking up, I know everyone was ready to throw in the towel, but I'm still a believer and love all the talent we have on campus and can't wait to see where it takes us!