Just for FUN and with no one getting mad

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Every coach has things they say that some of us hate to hear over and over , CPJ had his ( we need to simplify things , we had X number of missed assignments, if you pass 3 things can happen 2 are bad)

How just for fun lets here things the CGC or other coaches have said and being a smart as* follow it with what you would like to say back. This is just to pass time don't get mad .

It was a hard Fought game. ( maybe we should have fought better)

We're getting better every week. ( We must have a schedule that the best teams are at the end of our schedule)

This was one of the best defenses we have play this year . ( It getting old we play the 12 best defenses this year)

I'm proud of our special team coaches and what they do. ( looking last week I have to guess P'nut helped coach them)

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
CGC does this a lot. He’s even started to poke fun at himself - referencing fans playing “Collins Bingo” before repeating one of his go-to phrases. Here are some I can think of:

This is one the biggest rebrandings/rebuilds/whatever in college football history (probably true, just tired of hearing it every single interview).

X is out there playing at an elite level (with the number of guys he calls out as playing at an elite level after every game you’d think we’d have won a few more of them).

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
This doesn’t seem like a very fun exercise at all. I appreciate the coaches continuing to have a positive message publicly.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Collins probably says "monumental transformation" at least 4 times a day in interviews. That and "unbelievable effort." I'm not a fan of the monumental transformation thing given that last year we went to a bowl and consistently scored points on offense. He and CDP are in control of how much of a transformation the offense is undergoing, and I guess I haven't been a fan of the ripping off the band-aid approach (big change over short amount of time). On the defense, the only transformation is that we have a real defensive coaching staff. That being said, I do think next year we will look very different, production-wise, on offense and hopefully continue to improve on defense. The best thing we as fans can do is to support the staff and the players as much as we can.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I wish I could remember exactly when it was in the broadcast and the exact quote, but one of the announcers had a perfect response to the OP.

He said something like, "Coach Collins talks about this being a monumental transformation ... Georgia Tech was a bowl team last year ... ... ... "

Deleted member 2897

I wish I could remember exactly when it was in the broadcast and the exact quote, but one of the announcers had a perfect response to the OP.

He said something like, "Coach Collins talks about this being a monumental transformation ... Georgia Tech was a bowl team last year ... ... ... "

Yup. We’re in a monumental offensive scheme transformation, but not in a program rebuild. Well...after this year you could probably argue it will be. But that’s CGC having to rebuild from himself.

KCJackets

Jolly Good Fellow
This is the exact definition of a monumental transformation and/or re-build. It's not a knock against the previous regime. I don't know why people are so sensitive to those terms though. We are literally doing everything differently than we what we have been doing - on and off the field.

Be patient, folks. GCG is doing a great job building the program from the ground up behind the scenes.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
“Coach Pauff Collson, your team has looked a little rough and the season has gone poorly. What’s your assessment?”

Well, first of all you've got to give them a lot of credit... they played better than we did. Coached better than we did. But this is a MON-U-MENTAL turnaround. It’s like anything else, these players have to compete at an E-LITE level and we’ve got to do a better job coaching them, I guess. This is a developmental program and everyone comes highly recommended [smirk]. Look, how you do anything is how you do everything, and, frankly, we've done some good things. This is a culture built on effort, but we've just got to execute. We struggled on assignments and some of those guys... I mean, they've played. But our guys... they showed a lot of juice, they showed a lot of chaos, and they showed a lot of heart. Right now we've got to simplify and get better at the little things, focus on ourselves, and get better every single day. It is what it is.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
“Coach Pauff Collson, your team has looked a little rough and the season has gone poorly. What’s your assessment?”

Well, first of all you've got to give them a lot of credit... they played better than we did. Coached better than we did. But this is a MON-U-MENTAL turnaround. It’s like anything else, these players have to compete at an E-LITE level and we’ve got to do a better job coaching them, I guess. This is a developmental program and everyone comes highly recommended [smirk]. Look, how you do anything is how you do everything, and, frankly, we've done some good things. This is a culture built on effort, but we've just got to execute. We struggled on assignments and some of those guys... I mean, they've played. But our guys... they showed a lot of juice, they showed a lot of chaos, and they showed a lot of heart. Right now we've got to simplify and get better at the little things, focus on ourselves, and get better every single day. It is what it is.

Kudos... That is hysterical...

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
stech, I know this was intended as a "fun' exercise but it seems like some may be using it as just another thread in which they continue to beat their same old drum. No matter who the coach is, when some people turn on them it is like a personal vendetta. Watching the game of "football" is fun for me. Discussing it with zealots or fanatics with an agenda is not. To me, it's been this way since Gailey was the coach....people make up their minds, sometimes for odd or obscure reasons and with little or no data and the crusades begin.

With that being said, I always hated the overused "they executed better than we did" or they "wanted it more than we did" being said by any player or coach. The absolute worst is "we weren't ready to play". You only get to play a dozen times....how can you not be ready?????? I would buy that in MLB with a 162 game schedule or maybe even in the NBA.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
How about this one - "You only have to win one game per week in order to keep the fans happy" -- although I admit, I always thought it was pretty clever...

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Every time I hear "elite" out of CGC in reference to our team:

images

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Sorry, I went and found the exact quote, it was at about 2hr 14min mark ~14 min left in the game, right after Showell got called for a penalty. I just thought it was funny the way it came out as the guy was clearly just filling air:
Great meeting with Coach Collins yesterday in his office: bringing a renewed attitude, refreshing look at this program, trying to do a complete 180 from what they had done under Paul Johnson, a lot of success under Coach Johnson, trying to build his own traditions here, Coach Collins, playing music ...​
Again, I just thought that was a funny way of saying it