Just a reminder!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It is a fact that man and chimps evolved from the same ancestor. The fact that humans are hominids is not up for debate.
And a theory is science is the best you can hope for. If you think theory means it is not proven then please jump in the air and not come down so you can prove the theory of gravity wrong.
Actually, there is much empirical evidence that supports the hypothesis that man and chimps evolved from a common ancestor, a preponderance of evidence. So much so, that it's widely accepted as truth. However, just because it's accepted as true, doesn't mean it's not still a theory.

I'm not debating evolution versus creation versus intelligent design. I'm simply saying that evolution is still a theory, and there is simply no way known to mankind today to prove it. There much evidence (facts) to support the theory, but no proof. Maybe one day...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Actually, there is much empirical evidence that supports the hypothesis that man and chimps evolved from a common ancestor, a preponderance of evidence. So much so, that it's widely accepted as truth. However, just because it's accepted as true, doesn't mean it's not still a theory.

I'm not debating evolution versus creation versus intelligent design. I'm simply saying that evolution is still a theory, and there is simply no way known to mankind today to prove it. There much evidence (facts) to support the theory, but no proof. Maybe one day...

Actually, there's not even a viable scientific theory anymore. The latest theory, represented in most textbooks, is the modern synthesis or neo-Darwinism. Every aspect of that theory has faced sufficient challenges from the empirical data to lead experts in the various fields to assert the need for a new theory.

@BuzzStone asserts as fact that humans and chimps evolved from the same ancestor. However, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to compare how many years ago that branch occurred to how many years it would take for the genetic changes to occur through random variations. I also suspect that he won't be citing any scientific data demonstrating the origin of the orphan genes which are present in the human but not in other primates.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer

You say it is just a theory, do you think there is no such thing as gravity?
As far as evidence the same technology that tells Maury if your the father can be used. In science there is not much that is 100% but 99.999999999999% because there is still so much we don't know but to use the term Theory outside of science is completely different than using it in science. A theory in science has had independent repeatable testable results. If you don't think evolution is a Fact what do you think Gravity is?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
As far as evidence the same technology that tells Maury if your the father can be used. In science there is not much that is 100% but 99.999999999999% because there is still so much we don't know but to use the term Theory outside of science is completely different than using it in science. A theory in science has had independent repeatable testable results. If you don't think evolution is a Fact what do you think Gravity is?

You seem to be out of your depth. What are the independent, repeatable, testable evidence that demonstrates the natural processes by which new body plans and new species have arisen?

At some point, you have to admit to yourself that the reason you don't start a new thread is that you simply believe what you've been told and have accepted it by faith.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This is my last reply to this comment because it seems apparent that you're looking to redefine the definition of "theory." Yes, gravity is a theory. So far, we've not been able to disprove it, but that doesn't make it a fact. We've entered a time when on average human knowledge doubles approximately ever 12-13 hours, so there's no way to know what the comming centuries and millenia will discover.

Einstein's theory about gravity waves existed for over 100 years before there was demonstrative, empirical evidence that they truly existed. For many mellinia man thought the universe was geocentric. That wasn't theory, that was fact! Well, Copernicus, and his heliocentric theory changed the way scientists looked at the Universe. Just because one can't disprove something, doesn't make it a fact.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
FWIW

Science - man's attempt to explain nature.
Theory - a statement by science that explains all known data. (A theory can change with additional data. If all known data is not explained there is no theory.)

The above definitions (not a quote but as I remember them) was the result of meetings of members of the scientific community meeting in their separate disciplines.
Each discipline was requested to define the two terms. These definitions were the agreed to by all disciplines. This was 20 or so years ago. And like anything else in science
could have changed over the years.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
As an outside observer it honestly looks like Cruz supporters have two choices, either get behind Trump or be prepared for a convention process that nominates Paul Ryan. Are Cruz supporters good with that?

Declinometer

Banned
As an outside observer it honestly looks like Cruz supporters have two choices, either get behind Trump or be prepared for a convention process that nominates Paul Ryan. Are Cruz supporters good with that?

As an insider there is zero chance that at a convention the nomination will not go to either Donald or Sen Ted Cruz. Also, at the convention, Cruz will win on the second ballot. "believe me"
It refreshing to see the low information voters parroting DuckngDonald's talking points. Ain't gonna happen!