July 4th

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Today Remember the Fallen and those who have served as "watchmen on the walls", to allow us, to enjoy simple things, like this forum and football and all sports.

Have a blessed day with family and friends and remember those who gave us this Great Republic and the freedom to enjoy every day in freedom. If you have never served a watch in the uniform of our Nation. Thank a veteran by donating at least five dollars to a veteran's organization today.

I am recognizing and thanking a high school Medal of Honor classmate of mine, Bruce Grandstaff, for his unselfish devotion and sacrifice.
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7028084.

Let's do a roll call to thank those you know or knew, to whom we owe so much, by serving as "watchmen on the walls".
Col. Eldon "Kit" Carson US Army WWII, Korea, Vietnam
Sgt. George "Tip" Cain US 3rd Army France, Germany 1944, 1945
Sgt. Bruce Grandstaff US Army, 8th Division Medal of Honor Vietnam 1966,1967

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Thank you to my father, my husband, my uncles, my cousins for serving as "watchmen on the walls".

11540825_1009540155722866_222767727852477707_n.jpg

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Thank a veteran by donating at least five dollars to a veteran's organization today.
Yes, by all means do this. I have a couple of favorites but I recommend you avoid giving to the following which have the grade given by charity watchdog groups. These are all scams which do not do a thing for veterans.

• American Ex-Prisoners of War Service Foundaton (F)
  • American Veterans Relief Foundation (F)
  • AMVETS National Service Foundation (F)
  • Freedom Alliance (F)
  • Help Hospitalized Veterans/Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes (F)
  • Military Order of the Purple Heart Service Foundation (F)
  • National Veterans Service Fund (F)
  • NCOA National Defense Foundation (F)
  • Paralyzed Veterans of America (F)
  • Vietnow National Headquarters (F)

LibertyTurns

Banned
Happy Birthday America!

To those Patriots and their families that gave all for their country- our deepest gratitude. For those Patriots that valiantly served our country during wartime and peacetime may you all have a safe and enjoyable 4th. Thank you for your service you our great nation.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
"History began July 4th, 1776. Everything before that was just a mistake." - Ron Swanson

In all seriousness, thank you to all the soldiers and vets that have kept America safe. We appreciate what you do and the courage that it takes to do it.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
isn't that what memorial day is for?
Yeah, I didn't want to say anything initially because the sentiment of the thread was good. But July 4th is more of a day to celebrate the country, its people, and the collective melting pot that forms our culture. And grilling, fireworks, flag waving, etc. But it doesn't hurt to honor people have made military sacrifices as well. Especially since military tradition is ingrained into our culture, so it's inevitably going to be celebrated on July 4th as well.