Josh Okogie comparisons

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
JO is playing so well right now, and beyond just the hard takes. His IQ is on a high level, his passing from the high post last night was great (loved how CJP used him and Ben in the middle of the zone), his defensive awareness, intensity, and ability to cut off penetration is superb.

In another thread, someone compared him to DWade. Just trying to get a convo started about his game and how it compares to other players. He's so strong to the rack, and I did not realize that he shot 39% from three. If he can get his outside shot off quicker and off the dribble, he'll be pretty hard to handle for defenders.

I'll hang up and listen.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He reminds me of MJ
Similar size
Can get to the basket
Nice mid range jumper
Excellent defender
Gets sneaky blocks
Clutch
Dialed in
Mature

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
He’s playing at a first team All-ACC level right now. He is all over the court, playing defense, rebounding like a man, driving hard to the basket, and hitting open 3’s. He disappeared the 2nd half of the ACC schedule I thought. Just wasn’t aggressive at all on the offensive end.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
He hits 3s if open so you can't sag on him on the drive and is heady with the fakes. Laid a killer pass to Tadric (though he missed the 3).

Actually would like to see him finish better around the rim. Struggling sometimes when he takes a 1 on 2 or 3, but still the likelihood of a foul might make it worth it. He never gets to bad-Tadric level of aggression but does skate that line. His mental composure helps him out.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
D-wade in style of play and body. Athletic slashers can shoot it a little too if open, just needs to keep developing and skys the limit

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This. Jordan? Westbrook? Come on guys lol... Josh Okogie is a great player but some of these comparisons are so off the grid
He reminds me of MJ. I didn't say he equaled or even approached MJ. For that matter he doesn't equal or approach most that people have referenced.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
You need to rewatch some MJ games. MJ was a freaking assassin on the court. Could rise up and drain a 3 over anybody, an unstoppable fadeway, post moves that would put most big men to shame. I don’t see any of those out of Okogie. He’s a typical slasher. The D-Wade comparison is most accurate.