Jorgenson done

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I know that Red & I disagreed about Jorgy and how much (or little) actual ACC potential he had before his injury. But, clearly he was a much diminished player after his knee went out. Here is my recent comment from another thread:

He always seemed like a player with nothing but potential. To me, the absence of any "now" was evident from the start. He lacked quickness, so he was never a good defender, and his terrible shooting form worked in high school but was such a limiting trait that he was often rushing his shot just to get it over a defender. He has some skills on offense, but a PG without a scoring threat is useless in today's game.

Another poster wrote that he would have been our seventh of eighth player next season, but the signing of Moore pretty much indicated Travis was not in the plans Pastner had for next season. Moore, Jackson, Okogie, and Heath were always going be ahead of him. I am not sure where his minutes would have materialized except in a mop up loss. Graduating was clearly his best option and I wish him the best.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
yep, I saw a little of Mark Price in him from hi school film,an example of program's luck recently

I never quite saw that. Of course I never saw Price in college or HS either. I did always think he could be an ACC starter though.

That jumper just never came back.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Maybe we can just wish the young man well. I don't remember him half-assing it on the court. Perhaps he rehabs while he works on his degree and can find a place to get his Masters while playing a couple years someplace else. That would be a good ending to his college career.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
A big downside effect is the lack of enough good practice players. You have to have good competition at practice to prepare for ACC caliber of play. There was at least one year when Bobby Cremins had to use gym rat non-scholarship players in order to have enough players for practice. Losing Jorgensen is probably going to hurt us most by not having him for 5 on 5 practices.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
A big downside effect is the lack of enough good practice players. You have to have good competition at practice to prepare for ACC caliber of play. There was at least one year when Bobby Cremins had to use gym rat non-scholarship players in order to have enough players for practice. Losing Jorgensen is probably going to hurt us most by not having him for 5 on 5 practices.

A agree. However if I had to choose between Heyward and Jorgenson for this reason, I'd go with the former. Heyward is a tough defender. Not sure if we actually would have had to choose between the two (is Heyward on scholly this year?), but just my two cents.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I never quite saw that. Of course I never saw Price in college or HS either. I did always think he could be an ACC starter though.

That jumper just never came back.
P,
Watching Price was one of the most pleasant Tech bball experiences EVER. It seemed like he always did the right thing.I watched us beat unc in Omni for 1st ACC tourney tropy with him.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Mark was a treat to watch. Not all flash , just solid basketball in action. For a ""6 Foot" player (5' 10"???) he not only played well, but made those around him better.