Jordan Ponchez Mason

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I don't think he stays either. He will make an NFL team and shouldn't risk injury in another year of college.

Is he projected to make an NFL roster? I would love to have him back, but would be surprised if he gets an opportunity better than undrafted practice player with hopes of working his way onto an NFL roster for a special teams spot. But I am certainly not tuned into NFL draft stocks.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Is he projected to make an NFL roster? I would love to have him back, but would be surprised if he gets an opportunity better than undrafted practice player with hopes of working his way onto an NFL roster for a special teams spot. But I am certainly not tuned into NFL draft stocks.

Mason was projected to make one in 2018 once he graduated. Either as an UDFA or late round draft pick. He's a big back who has some wiggle and can catch out of hte backfield. Since fullbacks are basically a dying breed a guy like mason fills that slot on the roster as a 3rd runningback.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Mason is the consummate borderline NFL back. He could go anywhere from the 5th round of the draft to UDFA and the practice squad. Either of those gives him a paycheck for his growing family. If he shows out at Pro Day, I could easily see a team taking a late round flyer on him.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like he is gone.

As for why he would come back. If he comes back and is feature back and pushes himself to 4th or 5th round for sure that is real money. UFA is a grind, but I can also see him leaving.