Joe Brady (LSU Passing Game Coordinator)

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
With the defense playing going in the direction it is going, I am fine with the change at the HC position. I like all the stuff CGC’s spouts. I do think he truly cares about our players.

But, what I have been afraid of is his loyalty to Patenaude. CDP is not getting it done fright now. And here is the frustrating part about it, the one thing we were worried about in the transition is the OL. Well the OL has preformed very well, in my opinion. Especially considering the transition. Running backs have performed very well. JP is down right nasty. What has not performed well is the QB position. That is the position DP coaches. Now TO has run well. Rewatching some of the Clemson game, I’m not ready to complete give up on his passing. I just wish when he took that big sack he would have anticipated his deep pattern was gonna break open and thrown it. The 2nd INT was just a horrible decision and all QBs make them. But TO is an amazing runner. Really amazing. Fluids, strong, powerful, and has great vision. JG seems to have the it factor and can read a defense. He also can run. LJ just seems scared once the balm is snapped. I hope he can come around.

I’m ok with a lot of his play calls. I’m not ok with his QB rotation and it may kill the trust the players seem to have in CGC. We have talent on the team. We have really good offensive talent. Playing someone who isn’t the best is a way to loose trust. I also worry the same thing with our linebacker as well.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
With the defense playing going in the direction it is going, I am fine with the change at the HC position. I like all the stuff CGC’s spouts. I do think he truly cares about our players.

But, what I have been afraid of is his loyalty to Patenaude. CDP is not getting it done fright now. And here is the frustrating part about it, the one thing we were worried about in the transition is the OL. Well the OL has preformed very well, in my opinion. Especially considering the transition. Running backs have performed very well. JP is down right nasty. What has not performed well is the QB position. That is the position DP coaches. Now TO has run well. Rewatching some of the Clemson game, I’m not ready to complete give up on his passing. I just wish when he took that big sack he would have anticipated his deep pattern was gonna break open and thrown it. The 2nd INT was just a horrible decision and all QBs make them. But TO is an amazing runner. Really amazing. Fluids, strong, powerful, and has great vision. JG seems to have the it factor and can read a defense. He also can run. LJ just seems scared once the balm is snapped. I hope he can come around.

I’m ok with a lot of his play calls. I’m not ok with his QB rotation and it may kill the trust the players seem to have in CGC. We have talent on the team. We have really good offensive talent. Playing someone who isn’t the best is a way to loose trust. I also worry the same thing with our linebacker as well.
This is beyond ridiculous. Here I am, early off-board with the whole hiring, and with little faith it will ever get better, standing up for coaches who surely deserve more than two games -- and we do realize that one of those games was against Clemson, right? Whose No. 3s can beat a lot of No. 1s? That Clemson? Let's hear it for all the front runners who populate message boards. Besides which from the way you rave about QBs we are 2-0 right about now. Take a deep breath, let's fan and let coaches coach for awhile. Geez.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm not making any judgments on our OC until end of season 2021 at earliest. That assumes we have his type QB playing along with OLs that belong in his offense.
what happened to all those transfers who were getting raves? Aren't they his?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
If he's going anywhere, it's back to the NFL as an OC. Lot of teams have wisened up to the fact that young coaches can be very good, very fast.

this is interesting, because you are right. the NFL used to be the most protective old guard of all professions. Its why in the past, teams would literally just circulated head coaches. There were coord who would not get a shot for 30 years. Guys like mike zimmer, or bruce arians as an example.

But it has finally changed for the better. And I think its due to a few things

1) due to rule changes making offense easier, the NCAA coaches are now WAY more relevant to the nfl than ever before....and there are a lot of good younger coaches in that arena.
2) offenses have become more innovative, and lets face it, typically, not always, but typically 60 year old coaches do it the way they always have. The infusion of the more modern offense requires those who are rooted in that and its become a later trend with newer coaches
3) athletes are prima dona bitches now. Period. Needs a snowfake to know a snowflake.LOL TIC

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
This is beyond ridiculous. Here I am, early off-board with the whole hiring, and with little faith it will ever get better, standing up for coaches who surely deserve more than two games -- and we do realize that one of those games was against Clemson, right? Whose No. 3s can beat a lot of No. 1s? That Clemson? Let's hear it for all the front runners who populate message boards. Besides which from the way you rave about QBs we are 2-0 right about now. Take a deep breath, let's fan and let coaches coach for awhile. Geez.

Are you okay with this offense? I could see if the oline was getting destroyed then the offensive output would be understandable, but they aren’t. Everyone expected the oline to have the biggest problem with the transition. They are doing relatively well. TO and the running backs are doing excellent. The Clemson game was understandable on offense. This game was not. That USF defense was horrid. Hell if we’d have just stuck with TO right, TO left then we would have probably put 30 on them.

I’m not saying fire the guy. I am saying that given our oline has done pretty good, their is no reason our offense should be in the toilet. This is like the Gailey years, which was miserable to watch. Just as boring of football as you can get. I hope DP starts tearing it up. We will see.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Are you okay with this offense? I could see if the oline was getting destroyed then the offensive output would be understandable, but they aren’t. Everyone expected the oline to have the biggest problem with the transition. They are doing relatively well. TO and the running backs are doing excellent. The Clemson game was understandable on offense. This game was not. That USF defense was horrid. Hell if we’d have just stuck with TO right, TO left then we would have probably put 30 on them.

I’m not saying fire the guy. I am saying that given our oline has done pretty good, their is no reason our offense should be in the toilet. This is like the Gailey years, which was miserable to watch. Just as boring of football as you can get. I hope DP starts tearing it up. We will see.
We can’t count on the OL for consistent play, we don’t have a QB who can both run and pass (and have really seen no evidence that we have one who can throw) and everybody thinks the problem is the OC? Okay.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

How can you judge our OC when he has this OL and QB corps to work with? Thats ridiculous, and NO we don’t have really good Offensive talent. Yes we have some good rb’s and WR’s but that doesn’t matter if they can’t get the ball. Sit down and watch some really good fb teams play and see what a non-option QB and OL looks like and then think about what we have to work with.