Joe Anoa'i Has Leukemia

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
There's every reason to believe that he will lick leukemia again. Treatment for the disease, even in its more virulent adult form, has progressed substantially. He's still young and in great physical condition. He can withstand the rigors of the treatment with much greater chances of success then someone older. The five year survival rate for people in his category is 65% overall, but I could not find the rate for those doing a second round of treatment.

So, good luck, Joe! Beat it again! We're all behind you!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Heartsick for Joe. As a cancer survivor myself, I assure you all that ‘recurrence’ is a demon who crawls out from under the bed at 2 in the morning and settles in your stomach as a hard cold lump of fear. Hate to see him have to deal with leukemia again.

Time to go to war again, Joe. Lotsa people pulling for you.

Same here, thank goodness I am past the 5 year mark and with my specific form of cancer my chances of a recurrence is almost nil. Doesn't stop that nagging thought from happening on occasion. Give it hell Joe, you have the strength, thoughts, prayers and love of every Tech fan out there behind you!

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
No update on his condition?

I believe he will be speaking about it on WWE Raw tonight, which just so happens to be in Atlanta, which explains why he is on campus today. Hopefully good news. If they are having him on, perhaps he thinks he will be back in the ring sooner than later.

Last edited:

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Reigns' WWE trainer said this a few days ago:

“nah man he’s still recovering. He won’t be in action for another few months… keep in mind what leukemia is… and that he has been in remission this was a flair up that he needed treatment for," Gonyea [said]. "I was working out with him and he was definitely moving slow. It’s the PG era they aren’t working cancer.”

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Reigns' WWE trainer said this a few days ago:

“nah man he’s still recovering. He won’t be in action for another few months… keep in mind what leukemia is… and that he has been in remission this was a flair up that he needed treatment for," Gonyea [said]. "I was working out with him and he was definitely moving slow. It’s the PG era they aren’t working cancer.”

I was gonna say if he is feeling well enough, perhaps they would work a storyline with him. But, I guess probably not, though that is definitely something the old WWE would have done.