Joe Anoa'i Has Leukemia

Techster

Helluva Engineer

That's horrible...not just for him, but anyone who has to battle that. Joe AKA Roman, has always supported GT throughout his career. He's used his popularity to help our program. Probably one of my favorite ex-GT athletes just for that reason.

Prayers to him and his family.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
AJC article: https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...ls-leukemia-diagnosis/TsYnA8Tmwfhm9uuC8UO9EK/

I think this quote sticks out, sending thoughts and prayers his way -

“But I want to make one thing clear: By no means is this a retirement speech,” he said. “Because after I’m done whooping leukemia’s *** once again, I’m coming back home. And when I do, it’s not going to just be about titles and being on top. It’s about purpose. I’m coming back because I want to show all of you, the whole world, I want to show my family, my friends, my children and my wife that when life throws a curveball at me, I am the type of man that will stand in that batter’s box, I will crowd the plate, I will choke up and I will swing for the fences every single time. Because I will beat this and I will be back. So you will see me very, very soon.”