JJ Green

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Puts a heck of a move on golden. Looks like a guy we've been needing. The ability to make a guy miss and take it to the house.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
That same quickness can make a great blocking AB....if he wants it badly enough. That's what'll get him on the field anyway. I don't mind the year sitting out because that position takes awhile to learn. Hopefully he's not on the scout team and can do his learning this year.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Golden thought he was going for the edge and gave up the inside. His weight is focused on cutting off the sideline, and an arm tackle was never going to work. Marvin should have wrapped him up

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I remember a similar drill in HS. DB/LB was lined up 5 yards from the receiver (WR/RB/even the QBs). QB would take the snap, and fire the ball out to the flats. As soon as the receiver caught the ball, you had to try to make a move and get by the defender into the endzone. If you didn't catch the ball, the defender was still allowed to smack you.

Lesson: catch the damn ball because you're going to get hit regardless if you catch the ball or not. QBs had to line up at receiver to teach them a lesson to throw a clean catchable ball to the receivers.

My HS coach was an equal opportunity hard@ss to all his players.

Carober18

Georgia Tech Fan
I remember a similar drill in HS. DB/LB was lined up 5 yards from the receiver (WR/RB/even the QBs). QB would take the snap, and fire the ball out to the flats. As soon as the receiver caught the ball, you had to try to make a move and get by the defender into the endzone. If you didn't catch the ball, the defender was still allowed to smack you.

Lesson: catch the damn ball because you're going to get hit regardless if you catch the ball or not. QBs had to line up at receiver to teach them a lesson to throw a clean catchable ball to the receivers.

My HS coach was an equal opportunity hard@ss to all his players.
As someone with no personal football (other than fan) experience, this is interesting to me, and sounds useful, probably moreso at the HS level than college--I would not want to see JT tackled by a linebacker while focusing elsewhere for the sake of him learning the importance of putting the ball in the right spot--but still useful.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm not worried about the DB's. I (like others, I think) am interested in how JJ looks.

I have to admit that I'll be more interested in JJ next Spring when he's preparing to play. Having to wait a year before he can play for us dims my interest this year. Iow, I'd rather that Jamal had popped him.