Jimmy Kitchen....

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not what I have been told.
All I got is what the press/blogs/etc are saying, so it's strange to say the least.

With respect to a couple of these kids, they should be deep enough in their classes by the time they're redshirt juniors for this to not be happening.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Kitchen was a late addition to a recruiting class a few years ago. As I recall he had trouble making the test grade to get in originally. To sit here and make this out as a huge loss is intellectually dishonest. The guy made a couple of nice plays in 2 spring scrimmage games, other than that he has played a mop up roll. Let's keep churning out the bottom feeders and adding guys that might be better. It's part of the natural selection process. FIDO!

Go Jackets!

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
All I got is what the press/blogs/etc are saying, so it's strange to say the least.

With respect to a couple of these kids, they should be deep enough in their classes by the time they're redshirt juniors for this to not be happening.

Pretty sure he was dismissed, not suspended.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Kitchen was a late addition to a recruiting class a few years ago. As I recall he had trouble making the test grade to get in originally. To sit here and make this out as a huge loss is intellectually dishonest. The guy made a couple of nice plays in 2 spring scrimmage games, other than that he has played a mop up roll. Let's keep churning out the bottom feeders and adding guys that might be better. It's part of the natural selection process. FIDO!

Go Jackets!

Exactly how i feel.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Exactly how i feel.

Go Jackets!

I disagree with this. That's what factories do & I'm not a fan of pulling scholarships on kids.

DSGB

Jolly Good Fellow
I disagree with this. That's what factories do & I'm not a fan of pulling scholarships on kids.
We are a factory also.

Guys will leave. This is why we must max out each class each year. Saving ships never works out. We need to sign 1 extra DT each year given our luck inside.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
We are a factory also.

Guys will leave. This is why we must max out each class each year. Saving ships never works out. We need to sign 1 extra DT each year given our luck inside.

What about getting transfers?

Example: DT DeQuintion Osborne 6 foot 310 pound redshirt freshman from Missouri that's leaving the program. Doubt he would come here but theirs player's out there for the taken.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
before i call this an academics issue id like to see a list of the recent players we are talking about.

i can only recall 5 instances recently but i may be misremembering. 3 of them were due to academic issues bt (before tech).

days with parental motivation in his backside should make it back and this guy make the 5 i can remember.

my memory isnt all that these days. apologies. i am sure there are others???????

yall wanted the hill to approve of "exceptions ". when you do that this is what you get! some of you want even MORE exceptions.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
The lack of talent and just the lack of players at the DT position will ultimately be the end of this era in GT football, unless a miracle occurs.

I know. I have said it repeatedly, but the negative trend of not being able to get or keep enough decent DT players continues.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Well it can't be just academics. Kelly Quin is saying he's dismissed.
Ken said indefinitely suspended and likely transferring out before fall.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Makes you wonder for sure. If it's academic grades and not cheating will this affect the Hill's decision to be lenient regarding exceptions?

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Well it can't be just academics. Kelly Quin is saying he's dismissed.
Ken said indefinitely suspended and likely transferring out before fall.

I don't know all the details. The words I was told was "he was kicked off the team for not making grades".