Jim Poole Scholarship

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Wow that’s awful news to hear. Jim is such a great guy. If you talked to him you would’ve never guessed he spent 10 years in the Bigs. He seems like any other regular ole middle aged guy he’s so down to earth. And he’s also fantastic ambassador for the program like you said. ALS is such a terrible disease. I hope nothing but the best for Jim and his family. A quaint reminder of the fragility of life.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wow that’s awful news to hear. Jim is such a great guy. If you talked to him you would’ve never guessed he spent 10 years in the Bigs. He seems like any other regular ole middle aged guy he’s so down to earth. And he’s also fantastic ambassador for the program like you said. ALS is such a terrible disease. I hope nothing but the best for Jim and his family. A quaint reminder of the fragility of life.
He approached me & introduced himself at the ACC Tournament last May. I was just your random middle aged (or older?) dude hanging out in concourse wearing Ga Tech clothes. I'm embarrassed I didn't recognize him immediately... but he was very gracious. I told him how much I enjoyed watching him pitch (back in the day) & how much I appreciated his radio work with Wiley. [He's awesome on the broadcasts]

It was a pretty brief interaction but to reiterate your point... never guessed he was the "star" he is.

GO JACKETS!

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
A great tribute to Jim Poole, twitter has a few of them from former players. On a different note, I wish there was some way to lock Wiley up as the voice of the Jackets for a long time. He is a great representative of the institution and his career will ultimately carry him to bigger things. It pains me to hear him call other teams games, but great for him.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow

It was an very classy and impactful event for sure - and really meant a lot to Jim and the entire Poole family. Felt like a reunion of sorts back to our travel/HS baseball days with many of Jim's former players and teamates in attendance. Interesting side trivia when Jim mentioned they won the ACC four years in a row during his tenure - and pretty sure I heard the MC mention Jim still holds the GT saves record with 22 one season. I've known him for years and he's never mentioned either of those things... Awesome weather and fitting the Jackets pulled out a huge W on this special day. Will it be sweep day tomorrow?