Jets release Stephen Hill

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Got picked up by panthers

I'm not saying Stephen Hill isn't without blame with drops, but the NY Jets offense isn't an environment for success...especially a raw prospect like Hill with a lot of upside.

Will be interesting to see Newton throw BOMBs towards Hill. Newton isn't in the top quarter of QBs in the NFL, but he's a HUGE improvement over who's been throwing to Hill the past two seasons.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not saying Stephen Hill isn't without blame with drops, but the NY Jets offense isn't an environment for success...especially a raw prospect like Hill with a lot of upside.

Will be interesting to see Newton throw BOMBs towards Hill. Newton isn't in the top quarter of QBs in the NFL, but he's a HUGE improvement over who's been throwing to Hill the past two seasons.
Hill is with the Panthers practice squad, so no bombs from Newton yet.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Bet he won't be for long. With something vaguely resembling a QB (not to be found on Jets practice fields), I'm betting he can do a lot better.

Tempest_12

Jolly Good Fellow
How many of you guys watched him play with the Jets??? I'm guessing no one. From watching the games he didn't get open as well as some of the other receivers and drops... so many drops.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
How many of you guys watched him play with the Jets??? I'm guessing no one. From watching the games he didn't get open as well as some of the other receivers and drops... so many drops.

Mentally, it would be tough to play for a head coach who pretty much said "Hey, this ain't the guy I wanted in the draft"...over...and over...and over...to any reporter who would listen. Plus, once the NY media gets on you, and Jets fans get on you...good luck. Ask Mark Sanchez about that.

Hill probably needs to take a step back to move two steps forward.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Already BFFs with Cam...

BwnyrIOCMAAO6d7.jpg

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I always keep up with players from GT in the nfl, but I knew the Jets would be disappointed with Hill as a second round pick. He can look like Calvin for a play or two then be non existent for a few games. Dont ever see him being a consistent player. Unfortunately

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Hands can be taught by putting him on the Jugs machine daily and making him work on catching the cross of the football.
Getting cut by the Jets may be the kick in the pants he needs to make him focus on it.

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I recall he had a game against buffalo his rookie season where he had something like 4 catches and 88 yards and 2 tds. Raised expectations after having a game like that and that's really all she wrote. The talents there, just needs to put it all together. Also, being in the jets offense the last 2-3 years doesn't help with all the drama and distractions. Hope he's able to focus and just work on his game. Ain't going to have too many chances in the NFL