Jerry Howard...

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
PJ said he hasnt played Howard because he is afraid of the fumbling. So he has played Benson who fumbles at least once a game. Makes sense coach!!!!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think Jerry must not be practicing very well. I think Johnson has proved he plays who he thinks will do the best job, i. e. Dedrick Mills ahead of Marcus Marshall. I like Jerry Howard a lot too and hope we get to see more of him. Benson is doing a great job. You know he is now the number one running back in the ACC in terms of yards gained. That is a quite an achievement for a first year running back. I do think he could even be more effective with a little more rest during games. We do not want him worn out. That is when injuries are more likely to happen.

Go Jackets!

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Howard will be a good BB. Benson is a good BB. Both are about the same size by the roster, but Howard just looks bigger.

I like both of them and hope we see a lot more tag teaming than CPJ does.

I think Howard might have a fumbling problem. However, I don't think it's any worse than Benson's. GT can't afford to lose possessions, especially to teams with Clemson's talent.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Hey y'all. I don't post much but I must say, Jerry Howard is a f***ing animal. That is all

I don't know about an animal but his leg drive is impressive. His arms and legs are not what you normally associate with a Tech football freshman. Looks like a modern day Jim Brown is what he is.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
My son and I was just asking why CPJ doesn't play him more in the manner he used Days & Laskey. JH should also be given a shot at kickoff return duties as well.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Good observation. Kirvonte and Jerry will take care of our Bback position for years to come. God forbid that either of them should get injured because boy howdy that position takes hits even when they don't have the ball.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I think Howard might have a fumbling problem. However, I don't think it's any worse than Benson's. GT can't afford to lose possessions, especially to teams with Clemson's talent.

Well, if you get hit by number 42, number 7 or number 11 of Clemson then fumbling would probably be the least of your worries because those guys hit like runaway Mack trucks.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
PJ said he hasnt played Howard because he is afraid of the fumbling. So he has played Benson who fumbles at least once a game. Makes sense coach!!!!

Well that's better than more than once a game isn't it? Have you looked into their carries per fumbles stats? That would make sense to do first!!

I honestly don't know those stats but I'm not the one sitting in the Monday morning QB chair. I'm gonna continue to trust the coaches in personnel decisions till I work to equal their experience and knowledge in their profession.

For the record I love JH and love seeing him come in and get every rep he gets. Kids a beast and could break some records for us. Benson is not our Achilles though, quite the contrary.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Howard looks like a NFL running back and he’s just a true freshman. Bright future for the Bb position for the next few years. Remember Benson is just a sophomore and has been very productive. They will really push one another next year

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Howard hits the hole HARD!!!!! Benson has been doing great this year, but they are two different type of backs. I would like to see Howard get a few more carries for a change of pace.

quadf

Georgia Tech Fan
I like howard a lot too, but there's probably a reason he's been behind Q-fro on the depth (i think most of the year.) Definitely got high upside and needs reps.