Jeff Sims, Zach Quinney, Jordan Domineck...

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Not just fast, but effort. 18 Allen/39 Walker are both DBs that he ran by on the way. Also great hustle by 3/Tre. If not for Tre and Domineck going out of their way from the far side to stay engaged, Duke would have scored on that play.
18 & 39 combined to miss the tackle and then jogged after the play. At least that's what it looks like to me in the gif.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Domineck is going to be an NFL player. I can see him being an all pro DE. He has the motor and skill set to achieve great things. For me he is by far the most improved player on the roster. I believe he has and still may be leading the nation in Pass Rushing efficiency.

Domineck is going to be an NFL player. I can see him being an all pro DE. He has the motor and skill set to achieve great things. For me he is by far the most improved player on the roster. I believe he has and still may be leading the nation in Pass Rushing efficiency.
Pump the Brakes

Relax

Does he have the size-speed Ratio to be an NFL Player at all, much less all Pro, hopefully he can transition to OLB for us or at the Next Level

All Pro DEs at the next Level look like JJ Watts 6-6 290+ with similar speed to what we saw from #42, or Miles Garrett for the Browns 6-5 280lbs with less than 5% bodyfat and runs under a 4.6 in the forty

All Pro is getting over your Skis at this point, let's get him to All-ACC first

Who's the Guy that dived & whiffed at the DukevRB at the 20 yd line - that cost us 15 extra yds, the missed tackle wasn't due to a Barry Sanders type juke - but due to our Guy likely anticipating Contact and closing his eyes - just my guess based on how it looked.

Fine tuning mistakes coming off a win is better than the alternative

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Who's the Guy that dived & whiffed at the DukevRB at the 20 yd line - that cost us 15 extra yds, the missed tackle wasn't due to a Barry Sanders type juke - but due to our Guy likely anticipating Contact and closing his eyes - just my guess based on how it looked.

Perhaps you missed the fact that the “whiff” was the result of a block in the back that shoved the defender to the turf?

It’s not terribly clear in the gif that was posted, but it was flagged by the refs, and other camera angles showed it clear as daylight.

Perhaps you missed the fact that the “whiff” was the result of a block in the back that shoved the defender to the turf?

It’s not terribly clear in the gif that was posted, but it was flagged by the refs, and other camera angles showed it clear as daylight.
Great catch, I focus on our players so much - I didn't even see that push in the back

I guess I'm qualified to be an ACC Ref now

:unsure::sneaky::nailbiting:;)

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Pump the Brakes

Relax

Does he have the size-speed Ratio to be an NFL Player at all, much less all Pro, hopefully he can transition to OLB for us or at the Next Level

All Pro DEs at the next Level look like JJ Watts 6-6 290+ with similar speed to what we saw from #42, or Miles Garrett for the Browns 6-5 280lbs with less than 5% bodyfat and runs under a 4.6 in the forty

All Pro is getting over your Skis at this point, let's get him to All-ACC first
He should be All-ACC this year. 2nd team.
He can easily be a 4-3DE in the NFL. He reminds me of a slightly bigger in college Von Miller. They are the same size now. Both 6'3 250. He probably will clock at 4.6 speed. I would be willing to bet end of next year or his senior year he is looking at 2nd day draft status. 2nd-3rd round. Depending on our record and his opportunities he could move up to 1st round. He has the highest ceiling on our defense in this exact moment in time. Riq, Clayton, Watson(incoming transfer) could match the ceiling if production came. They all have the measurables. But only one with production thus far is JD.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer

That was called " Block in the back" by the official.