Jeff Sims' First Collegiate Game

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The thing that surprises me the most I know he was committed to FSU first and I can under stand why, but he just not fit the profile of what I think FSU football players are like. He seem very smart and a hard worker . again thanks to the FSU coach that did not think he would fit your offensive scheme. Looking forward to see you the next few years at TECH.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
I gotta say I was thoroughly impressed, I love the fact that he's not afraid to lower his shoulder and run people over, even though I wince every time he does cause we don't want him hurt. Frankly I think people are talking about UCF's offense, but if Jeff stays composed him and the receivers will have a very fun night on Saturday. Finger crossed we get to see #10 AND #21 in the backfield together this week.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I was so worried that he was going to get taken out after the first pick, and again after the second. Give CDP credit for sticking with him, hopefully last year's committee approach was an anomaly.

Nothing I saw from CDP in his previous two stops made me think he would be inclined to pull Sims after either of the two picks. It didn't appear to me that Sims was ever panicking out there so it just never occurred to me that there was a need to pull him and again, nothing from CDP's past indicated to me he had a propensity to do that.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I was so worried that he was going to get taken out after the first pick, and again after the second. Give CDP credit for sticking with him, hopefully last year's committee approach was an anomaly.

Not to derail but I had the same concern for the place-kicker. Them staying with him and him coming back to make the game-winning kick was #biGTime.

ETA: I'm not saying I got a little misty with pride .. but somebody was definitely cuttin' some onions in the next room. 🥺

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Nothing I saw from CDP in his previous two stops made me think he would be inclined to pull Sims after either of the two picks. It didn't appear to me that Sims was ever panicking out there so it just never occurred to me that there was a need to pull him and again, nothing from CDP's past indicated to me he had a propensity to do that.
That's good to hear, I thought there were rumblings last year of the same practice at one of his previous stops, could be wrong.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree, the only time Ive seen CDP "pull" a guy is to settle him down for a possession, he rarely benches a guy, he's ride or die

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Patenaude has never had a QB, RB’s or WR’s he has at GT and what Collins will recruit for him in the future. We have no idea if he’ll be a stud OC or not but after 1 game with a real QB I can say I like him. If used Sims like that in game 1 I can’t wait to see how uses Gibbs. I want to see Gibbs on a scree and watch him run.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
Patenaude has never had a QB, RB’s or WR’s he has at GT and what Collins will recruit for him in the future. We have no idea if he’ll be a stud OC or not but after 1 game with a real QB I can say I like him. If used Sims like that in game 1 I can’t wait to see how uses Gibbs. I want to see Gibbs on a scree and watch him run.
We will have the top RB trio in college football

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
You still on board with rotating QBs just to make sure we have the right one? You still think we can't be competitive this year?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If you want to see how he'll use Gibbs, go look at how he used Dontae Smith. I think that's going to be what we see. Gibbs is bigger, but I think the style is similar. I was actually impressed with how Dontae played.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
You still on board with rotating QBs just to make sure we have the right one? You still think we can't be competitive this year?
Yeah, no. Thankfully the first one was the right one (so it appears after 1 game). But, I do hope to see Gleason in garbage time. I’ve said all along that our nightmare scenario was picking one and possibly losing a better one to the portal (like UGA did). I’m gonna hate to lose 2 of them but as long as Sims plays like this then I’ll survive. But could you imagine if we had started Graham rode him and then Sims transferred somewhere. That’s all I wanted to avoid. As far as being competitive, I’ve never stated we wouldn’t be competitve. But I don’t see us winning the ACC or making the playoffs so I still stand by my thoughts that we need to play as many bodies as possible to see what we have before we sign 25 more. By looking at the game snaps it appears Collin’s thinks like me because he’s playing everyone except the freshmen minus Williams, Sims, and Gibbs. Collins and Thacker are going to have some tough decisions on who to carry forward and who to process.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I imagine staff planned to get someone else a series at least but Jeff was clearly leading the team, and it was a tight game the whole way through. I don't want to see a sub in this one unless the score gets lopsided.