Jarrett Jack Graduates from GT

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Definitely a good story. I was a frosh at GT when he led us to the final 4, and went with my dad. It cemented my love for GT bball. One of the (if not the single) greatest trips of my life was walking through SA with dad and going to the games.

JJ somehow is a touchpoint for that season and it makes me proud&happy to be a GT alum. Welcome to the club Mr. Jack!

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if he down the road (post nba days) would have any interest in being a Kevin Ollie/Fred Hoiberg for Tech. He always seemed to have the smarts and leadership. Just a random thought on another hot August evening.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wonder if he down the road (post nba days) would have any interest in being a Kevin Ollie/Fred Hoiberg for Tech. He always seemed to have the smarts and leadership. Just a random thought on another hot August evening.
I wonder if I told him that to his face when I ran in to him in Vegas a few years ago. Strictly my opinion, but we're probably about 7-10 years from that happening.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a little confused as it was reported he graduated this summer. Maybe he had a couple things to wrap up. Either way today Jarrett is walking the stage.

""It's just something that I want to share with my family,'' Jack said. "That's a personal achievement, family achievement, that I would accept for myself and am able to achieve, and I want to be there for that moment. I don't want to let that moment go by. It's going to be probably the most special moment, if not the biggest moment, of my life."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/jarrett-jack-to-graduate-from-georgia-tech-1.9688556

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Do we still have a Summer commencement? Maybe this was the first opportunity to walk.

Either way, great accomplishment for Jarrett and great day for many GT student-athletes.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Someone on twitter commented on the picture w/ Deon and Waller and asked Jack if that is rapper T.I. in the front of the selfie(it was Deon Hill)