Jamis Winston

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Tuesday afternoon, rather than studying Ted Roof’s Georgia Tech defense, FSU quarterback Jameis Winston was again defending himself against a nearly two-year-old accusation of sexual assault.

Dressed in a suit and tie, Winston entered a university code of conduct hearing shortly before noon. It was January 2012 when a woman accused Winston of raping her at his off-campus apartment. After investigating the allegation, the state attorney decided not to pursue charges. Tuesday’s twice-delayed hearing, overseen by retired Florida Supreme Court Justice Major Harding, was called to determine whether Winston would face university discipline over the incident.

www.ajc.com/news/sports/colleg...-hearing/njKQL/

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Having been to something like this (for academics, not out-of-class misconduct), I would expect that even if the hearings ended today, findings would not be settled for another week.

Winston might be distracted by all this, but I don't see much chance that he loses his eligibility before the weekend. All the better: I want to beat the Criminoles with their Heisman-winning 'star' on the field.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Have to agree with ya. The itty bitty percent of a chance that we have to make the playoffs would be nil if we curb stomped the criminoles without the crab man...... bring him on!
Speaking of which, who all is planning to have crab legs as part of their tailgate/ game-watching party?

(GTpdm and @YJAlleyCat raise their hands)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Having been to something like this (for academics, not out-of-class misconduct), I would expect that even if the hearings ended today, findings would not be settled for another week.

Winston might be distracted by all this, but I don't see much chance that he loses his eligibility before the weekend. All the better: I want to beat the Criminoles with their Heisman-winning 'star' on the field.
Yes. I want to beat FSU when they are at full strength. I am not looking for any extra advantage. We are good enough to take them on and do not need any extra help.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't think lost practice time is going to effect Winston, a 2 year starter. Lost film time is another matter, but I'm guessing they'll take care of that.

I'd say the hearing would cause emotional tolls on him, but that would assume that he's feeling guilty. I sort of doubt that.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I don't think lost practice time is going to effect Winston, a 2 year starter. Lost film time is another matter, but I'm guessing they'll take care of that.

I'd say the hearing would cause emotional tolls on him, but that would assume that he's feeling guilty. I sort of doubt that.

Which is why, if we had the chance to add a JW on our team, I'd say, "no thanks--I'd rather forfeit all our games than field a player of that 'calibre'.

Animal02

Banned

I do not think he is losing practice time since they rescheduled the practice.......but those kinds of rescheduling can be annoying to the rest of the team as well.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I think missing film time/practice time for him, and his teammates, is important in that it's such a short window before they play us so there wasn't much prep time available to start with and he/they could use the film time to work on films, etc. as our defense has been changing, depending on our opponents (like type of QB, RB's, etc.).

Also, just having this hanging over the team's head for so long takes a toll whether anyone wants to admit it or not. It frustrates you (notice some teammates refused to "testify" which may come back to bite him in the behind) and it distracts you and it's something that you just don't need to be having to worry about right before your Conference Championship.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
(Sorry--had to quote myself; @YJAlleyCat just inspired an addition to my prior post...)

...and for bonus points, can you 'lift' your crablegs without paying for them?

C'mon, I just made a joke about JW not paying for his. I like the seafood guy at Publix too much to steal from him. We plan on actually purchasing our crab legs, and I am sure they will be delicious!