Jamie Foxx at GT

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I found this quote interesting...
On his monthly podcast released Thursday, athletic director Todd Stansbury revealed that part-time Atlanta resident Elton John plays tennis at the Ken Byers Tennis Complex “on a somewhat regular basis.”

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
We met Osahon's parents at an away game. I think it might have been Notre Dame, but not completely sure. Super nice folks. Glad to see he's successful.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

GT fans would be amazed at the amount of celebrities and pro athletes that work out at GT. Lots of times GT respects their wishes and doesn't post anything.

Good on Jamie Foxx for letting us hype it up.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Any good publicity we can get the better. We definitely need it.

That being said I had looked this guy up & found nothing that looked remotely familiar. After all the comments on here I doubled back. He’s done one thing anyone in my family has ever seen, White House Down. My wife was watching it one night when I walked in & it was a decent enough movie. He’s certainly a talented actor. That being said he’s certainly not on the level of a Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, James Earl Jones, Samuel L Jackson, etc. I’m not glued to the tv, so perhaps there’s a whole world out there I’m missing out on.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow

That being said I had looked this guy up & found nothing that looked remotely familiar. After all the comments on here I doubled back. He’s done one thing anyone in my family has ever seen, White House Down. My wife was watching it one night when I walked in & it was a decent enough movie. He’s certainly a talented actor. That being said he’s certainly not on the level of a Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, James Earl Jones, Samuel L Jackson, etc. I’m not glued to the tv, so perhaps there’s a whole world out there I’m missing out on.
It's extremely weird that you only compared him to be 'on the level of' other black actors instead of just other actors. Jamie Foxx has won an Oscar (for Ray). Add in Django, Dreamgirls, Baby Driver, Jarhead, Horrible Bosses (all off the top of my head) and he's undeniably an A list actor spanning many decades of work.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

If you had never heard of Jamie Foxx you clearly are in a very small minority of Americans. He is very well known and accomplished, He is an accomplished comedian, actor and musician. Regardless, 100% of all GT football players and recruits will be very familiar with Jamie Foxx.

SoMsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

You need to get out more!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
It's extremely weird that you only compared him to be 'on the level of' other black actors instead of just other actors. Jamie Foxx has won an Oscar (for Ray). Add in Django, Dreamgirls, Baby Driver, Jarhead, Horrible Bosses (all off the top of my head) and he's undeniably an A list actor spanning many decades of work.
He WAS Ray Charles in "Ray". Outstanding.