James Graham will use his redshirt this season

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The four game thing is risky though man...let's say you play him against Alcorn and Bowling Green and then decide to redshirt, but then need him for 3 games later in the year...you've now burned the redshirt. Meanwhile you could have played those three games and kept him eligible had you not played in those other two.

I'm with coach...if he can help us win, play him, otherwise sit him

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The thing is, you have to play Tobias before you play Graham. You're not going to play Graham just to play him and it take precedent over giving Tobias snaps.

My guess is they'll use Graham like they used Vad and JeT when they were TFr. 3rd string QB that travels, and will play if, the football gods forbid, something happens to QB1 and QB2.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The four game thing is risky though man...let's say you play him against Alcorn and Bowling Green and then decide to redshirt, but then need him for 3 games later in the year...you've now burned the redshirt. Meanwhile you could have played those three games and kept him eligible had you not played in those other two.

I'm with coach...if he can help us win, play him, otherwise sit him
Picking and choosing the games won't be easy but with what amounts to another half year of eligibility, it has to be used for experience. Dunno who he might play against if given the chance, but my money is not on Clemson or Georgia. In fact, for a coach historically as reluctant as Johnson to even use two QBs -- yeah, I am still peeved Byerly didn't get a series in the Orange Bowl -- one wonders how he can get him in at all except in a blowout. But as my oldest friend, despite his GT credentials, said, Georgia Tech doesn't have blowouts. That might be interesting.

The Rev.

Georgia Tech Fan
CPJ remembers arriving at GT to learn that Nesbitt's redshirt had been needlessly used the year before vs. VT. Wished he'd had #9 for one more year.