Jameis Winston..

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
..will undoubtedly be a huge factor in the ACCCG. But, what if he is suspended after his hearing? That might improve our chances of winning the ACC tenfold.

But first.. gotta take care of the pups just northeast of here.. THWG!

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I want to beat FSU at full strength. They have not played all that great this year, having just squeaked by in most of their games. I don't think that they match up well to us. Our offense might have a heyday. I want our D to take it to Winston and have him dreaming about crab legs half way through the game.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
Clearly, if Infamous Jameis is held out of the ACCCG, our win in the eyes of the CFP committee will be worth nothing, and we'll get no boost in the rankings, should chaos ensue in the 5-15 ranks. I wouldn't even be surprised if they ranked FSU ahead of us in that scenario - despite the lack of respect they're getting now, we'd get even less.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I want to play against Jameis.

Show him firsthand what a bad decision he made by turning down the first school to offer him a scholarship. :)

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
We are going to pick off his passes left and right.

Winston only has two games this year where he hasn't tossed a pick. He's thrown 2+ picks in 5 games this season.

Only 5 teams in FBS have more picks than we do.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
He's a FABULOUS football player. I think your odds of winning increase dramatically if he doesn't play. I hope he doesn't play.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I dont want another team to have another excuse as to why we beat them. Clemson blames Watsons injury. UGag will blame Gurley mans injury after we win. FSU would blame it on Jameis not playing... Its not the same in everybody elses eyes. We need to beat teams with their best players on the field. I know we cant help when players get hurt... But getting suspended would be a crappy reason.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think that, while he's in there, FSZoo thinks they can beat anybody. No wonder about that; they've been way behind several times this year and he's always led them to victory, picks notwithstanding.

That's a fearful obstacle to overcome. They think that if they get their O on the field enough, they win. The sovereign remedy for that is to hold on to the ball and don't let Winston out there. We can do that, but it won't be easy.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
They set the hearing date as early December, so that the decision will only come after the playoffs are done.

FSU is committed to win at all costs...

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
They set the hearing date as early December, so that the decision will only come after the playoffs are done.

FSU is committed to win at all costs...
Yup, they want no part of making a decision before he's done playing. He'll get his hearing, then they will drag their feet for just over a month to release the results the week after the playoffs are done. I just love Jameis' lawyer spewing nonsense about how the accuser waited so long to file for a hearing, as if it is her responsibility to take care of this. How about that national law, Title 9, which is supposed to require the university to conduct the hearing within something like 2 weeks? But no, let's all just ignore the gross misconduct of the FSUPD and TPD, and the entire athletic department, and blame her for stalling this.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yup, they want no part of making a decision before he's done playing. He'll get his hearing, then they will drag their feet for just over a month to release the results the week after the playoffs are done. I just love Jameis' lawyer spewing nonsense about how the accuser waited so long to file for a hearing, as if it is her responsibility to take care of this. How about that national law, Title 9, which is supposed to require the university to conduct the hearing within something like 2 weeks? But no, let's all just ignore the gross misconduct of the FSUPD and TPD, and the entire athletic department, and blame her for stalling this.

Agree with all this. I heard on the radio that the committee isn't even required to release it's decision within a certain amount of time. They can request additional time as they see fit. Something tells me it'll come about a nanosecond after their season is over and he's on to the being the NFL's problem.

As an aside, I'm gonna go ahead and predict he'll end up being a Raider (despite their having just drafted a QB of the future). It just feels preordained that he'll go there and flame out in record time.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I just watched the replay of our game against Clemson and will just say that in my opinion, our defense not only played virtually mistake free (played their assignments regardless of the QB), the only missed tackles seemed to be due to bad field conditions (slipping on the turf rather than being run over or whiffing).

I'll also say that regardless of who was playing QB, this was probably the most physical I've seen our defense play in years; knocking EVERYBODY that came up the middle for a loop, and gang tackling sideline-to-sideline with a vengence. Heads were snapping on tackles, and when we weren't getting sacks on the QB, we were hitting them regularly.

Now I realize Clemson's Offensive Line was patched up and playing with substitutes, however, they were still comprised of several 4-star players as compared to our guys so as far as having "athletes" on the field, our team was "out-gunned". Obviously UGA and FSU have more experienced Offensive Lines that will be playing against us, HOWEVER, I would remind everyone that within our 4-game win streak, we HAVE played teams with experienced, Physical, and Athletic Offensive Lines and still come out victorious.

I would also add that in the 4 game win streak, we have played much better against large, mobile Option QB's (NC State)
than the two games we lost, and shown that against some of the top ranked Defenses in the Country, including Clemson (around 325 yards of Total Offense with us basically driving out the clock to end the game rather than trying to score again), our Offense has still been able to move the ball.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I dont want another team to have another excuse as to why we beat them. Clemson blames Watsons injury. UGag will blame Gurley mans injury after we win. FSU would blame it on Jameis not playing... Its not the same in everybody elses eyes. We need to beat teams with their best players on the field. I know we cant help when players get hurt... But getting suspended would be a crappy reason.
What excuse? Watson is worth 20 points per game... We beat them 28-23.