Interview Jalen Johnson interview

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Talented two-way prospect recently sat down and answered several questions from the Swarm members...here is what Jalen had to say below!

Q: What position they advised that you will play?
A: I committed as a saftey!

Q: What position do you enjoy the most?
A: Well, I love both positions but I would prefer saftey! But if I need too move to WR for the team, I wouldn't mind doing that!

Q: How is your recovery?
A: it's going great! I've been running a mile and cutting and jumping and still doing some leg press trying to strengthen up my quad but everything is going good!

Q: What was the toughest part about missing your senior year? How do you think that has helped you prepare for Tech?
A: the toughest part about missing this year was probably just not being able too be out on the field with the guys I played with my whole life. And I think it's prepared me to become a better leader and missing out makes me even more ready to get to Tech in June and work hard and finally get back on the field.

Q: Are you out of the brace and rehabbing without it?
A: yes, I've been out of my brace for like 3 months and the only brace that I wear now is the brace that I will actually play in but I do all my strengthening without my brace. But I don't have to wear a brace all the time.

Q: Favorite high school memory?
A: Definitely winning a state championship this year and also going my 10th and 11th grade year. I went to state in every sport that I play since 10th grade, Final Four in basketball my 10th grade year, I was a part of the 4x4 state champion team my 11th grade year and then going too state in football, 10th, 11th, and 12th, playing in all of those are my best memories!

Q: I want to know about how competitive he is ? How much does losing bother him?
A: No one likes losing, but I absolutely hate it. And I'm very competitive, if it's card games, or if it's football, I want to win every time!

Q: What's the good word?
A: Go yellow jackets!! I'm ready to get to tech and work hard and contribute to the team!

Q: What are some things that you are looking forward to the most at Georgia Tech?
A: Getting a GREAT education and getting an opportunity to play the sport I love!!

Q: Anything that you want GT fans to know about you as a person or football player?
A: I'm involved in Big Brother/Big Sister organization and also been a part of childhood cancer fundraisers. So, I like to give back when I have the opportunity to do so. As a football player, I'm gonna just work my tail off and do my best to help the team in any way I can, if it's playing WR or Saftey!

Q: Any notable Christmas presents?
A: spending time with my family and friends and getting my championship ring in February will be my favorite Christmas gifts! Hah

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
As you all can tell Jalen is a top of notch kid...you will be hard pressed to find a more polite and respectful young man...Can't wait for him to get to Tech and start to work.

I have also told him about the GT tradition of "What's the good word"...so cut him some slack!

I really would like to thank Jalen for doing this.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Big thanks @Jalen Johnson for entertaining our questions. :)

Happy Holidays to you and your family. Looking forward to seeing you at Bobby Dodd Stadium!

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, unfortunately not everybody is taught the true meaning of the good word (If it were up to me they would have been my son's first words). Glad you informed him and now he knows:D. The childhood cancer involvement by itself shows what a great kid he is. Glad he's here and look forward to him getting on the field

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Thx for providing Eric. I must say...Jalen and all these kids I've seen quoted seem like solid character kids which is awesome. They also impress on the field but I think character is often a component we tend to overlook at times with regards to recruits. All these young men have impressed.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
It means a lot to have kids who have the right attitude. Their minds are not bogged down with destructive habits. A clear mind and winning attitude is as important as the physical attributes.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
A guy who actually gives to others at that age-amazing.
I hope he comes back well as he could help us-I thought his WR tape was fine.

bcaff

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn't know what I was supposed to say until FASET, so I'll definitely cut this kid some slack.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Really need to cut the kid a break, he has probably learned that you aren't supposed to hate on people with special needs.

But seriously, he sounds like he has his academic priorities in addition to football. Being on the 4x4 state champs, he has to have been really fast. Anyone know his 40 times?

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Really need to cut the kid a break, he has probably learned that you aren't supposed to hate on people with special needs.

But seriously, he sounds like he has his academic priorities in addition to football. Being on the 4x4 state champs, he has to have been really fast. Anyone know his 40 times?