Jalen camp entering draft

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to him. He ended the season as our best receiver. Someone said earlier he may have to go the slow Waller route, as a TE/H-Back, Oddly enough, I could see Oakland taking him. Chucky loves TE's.

WR group:
Carter, Ezzard, Harris, Sanders, McCollum, Norris, King, Boyd
Add in Blackstrain and Rutherford

Slot will be Rutherford and McCollum trying to fill AB's role. I'm sure Sanders will get some snaps here as well. We really need Carter to step up and be that threat on the outside, or hope one of the 2020 guys step up. I see Ezzard and Harris as possession type guys.

Also a possibility that we could get a transfer out of this group. 10 guys arent going to be ATL

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to him. He ended the season as our best receiver. Someone said earlier he may have to go the slow Waller route, as a TE/H-Back, Oddly enough, I could see Oakland taking him. Chucky loves TE's.

WR group:

Slot will be Rutherford and McCollum trying to fill AB's role. I'm sure Sanders will get some snaps here as well. We really need Carter to step up and be that threat on the outside, or hope one of the 2020 guys step up. I see Ezzard and Harris as possession type guys.

Also a possibility that we could get a transfer out of this group. 10 guys arent going to be ATL

Don't forget about Jamal Haynes. He will be in the mix and I think he'll play immediately.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Don't forget about Jamal Haynes. He will be in the mix and I think he'll play immediately.
I did forget haynes. Add him to the slot mix. 11 guys for all 3 WR spots, 8 guys for the 2 outside WR spots. I could definitely see a transfer out after spring ball from this group.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

WR group:

Leo Blackburn is a WR and was recruited as such so he can be included with the other 2020 WR.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Leo Blackburn is a WR and was recruited as such so he can be included with the other 2020 WR.
I think he will end up as a TE. I know Collins says he's a WR, but we split our TE off formation a good bit this year, and I think thats where we stick him early. Functionally no different than a WR. Long term, I don't see him staying at 220.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Doesn’t have the stats to catch peoples’ eyes, but has the physical tools to wow in a combine setting. Could even see him getting drafted if he runs a decent time. He’ll be missed next year. But cheers for graduating and chasing the dream.
Yes. I see him as being sorta like Cottrell. On nobody's radar until he got to the combine, then, all of a sudden …

But I may be selling the pro scouts short. He's what some teams are looking for, a fast beast.

Deleted member 2897

He could set the all time record in the bench press for a WR at the combine.

Tadams6599

Jolly Good Fellow
Collins Specifically said in his interview he wants Leo Blackburn to play WR and i think that is part of the reason he stayed so true to his commitment because other programs wanted to convert him, he would be a big body out there.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
This is not were we want to be. Needing someone to step up means that we are without a reliable WR. How many other teams don’t have a WR that is proven?

I mean, that is just the way it is when your top receiver leaves. Carter and Sanders have shown they are capable. We have several other options. WR is not a major worry.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Our receivers as a whole were a let down. Sure, they made some plays but with the way the rules are stacked against the defense our group was very pedestrian. We rarely had separation and outside of Brown our speed is average. With the current rules we don’t need 4 Calvins to be successful, but we just need guys who run routes better and know what to do when the play breaks down. While re-watching games you could see many of our receivers just jogging around while Sims was scrambling. I do think the guys we brought in last year and this year are a nice jump in talent and athleticism. I think having Peery in a backup role for spring practice will be huge to have basically 2 starting offenses during practice. Peery can sling it and that will benefit the receivers group.