Jahmyr Gibbs now leading FBS in all-purpose yardage

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So the AJC had an article.

Here is a link to the NCAA stats.

Jahmyr Gibbs has 1802 all purpose yards for 163.8 ypg, both of which currently lead the NCAA FBS.

Can he keep the lead in both of these statistical categories? I am fairly certain he cannot keep the total yards lead as Jameson Williams from Alabama is guaranteed two more games than Gibbs and is only 215 yards behind and many of the other students in between will at least get an additional bowl game.

Will UGA kick off to Gibbs or away from him? I am fairly certain there will be plenty of kickoff opportunities. However, UGA has only given up 189 KO return yards all season on 14 returns, with 51 touchbacks, out of 82 kickoffs.

Will Gibbs have the green light to return as many kickoffs as he wants, even if they are potential touchbacks?

I am not mentioning rushing and receiving yards, because I think there is no way that Kirby Smart is going to allow our best player to beat him.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I predicted 150+ yards per game average before the season.

I suspect Gibbs is also leading the nation in touchdowns that were called back because of a stupid penalty or his numbers would be a lot higher...

By comparison some all time great all-purpose backs:

Saquon Barkley averaged 181 yards per game as a junior in 2017.
Christian McCaffrey set the all time record in 2015 at 229 yards per game (sophomore). McCaffrey had 179 yards per game as a junior.
Reggie Bush averaged 222 yards per game in his Heisman winning season as a junior in 2005.

I see Gibbs next year having a shot to exceed both Barkley's and McCaffrey's junior years. He's an amazing player.

/

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I predicted 150+ yards per game average before the season.

I suspect Gibbs is also leading the nation in touchdowns that were called back because of a stupid penalty or his numbers would be a lot higher...

By comparison some all time great all-purpose backs:

Saquon Barkley averaged 181 yards per game as a junior in 2017.
Christian McCaffrey set the all time record in 2015 at 229 yards per game (sophomore). McCaffrey had 179 yards per game as a junior.
Reggie Bush averaged 222 yards per game in his Heisman winning season as a junior in 2005.

I see Gibbs next year having a shot to exceed both Barkley's and McCaffrey's junior years. He's an amazing player.

/
I'm going to need you to make a few more predictions for us if this is how they're going to turn out. What's your predictions for Jeff Sims, our Oline, our Dline, DBs, LBs, and coaches? Keep the positivity coming.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm going to need you to make a few more predictions for us if this is how they're going to turn out. What's your predictions for Jeff Sims, our Oline, our Dline, DBs, LBs, and coaches? Keep the positivity coming.
We will have one All-ACC OL and one All-ACC DL.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Zeek Biggers has been impressive up the middle when he has gotten in. If healthy, he should get good burn Sat.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Our media team is doing a good job of getting these guys exposure. Hopefully we'll have more guys leading the ACC and nation in areas worthy of high praise. Zeke tweeting about Jah is a pretty big deal

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Our media team is doing a good job of getting these guys exposure. Hopefully we'll have more guys leading the ACC and nation in areas worthy of high praise. Zeke tweeting about Jah is a pretty big deal
Yea I think CTC’s connection with him along with his connection to the NFL and guys still playing has to bode well for Gibbs coming back.

I’m all for CTC stepping in Collins role and brining in a young hard used guy to come in and coach the defense.

Won’t happen, but would be nice. Shoot, I’d let Collins stay around and focus solely on the defense and recruiting. He can keep his salary too.