Jahmyr Gibbs named 2nd team AP All American - All-Purpose Player

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Can we stop with all this? He's gone, it's over. Good for him. I don't see why we are continuing to celebrate a guy who doesn't play for us anymore, even if he got no help from his offensive counterparts. He will go down in our history as a transfer and will be noted as such on any possible occasion when his name comes up for the media etc.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Can we stop with all this? He's gone, it's over. Good for him. I don't see why we are continuing to celebrate a guy who doesn't play for us anymore, even if he got no help from his offensive counterparts. He will go down in our history as a transfer and will be noted as such on any possible occasion when his name comes up for the media etc.
Agreed on not dwelling on his departure but I must add that he will also be remembered as one of our approximately 150 All Americans all-time.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
It's about a GT player getting 2nd Team All American. It's about a good kid in general. It's about a guy who, until he signs Wednesday, is part of the GT family. Failing to understand why or how your panties got that bunched up?

JacketFan137

Banned
It's about a GT player getting 2nd Team All American. It's about a good kid in general. It's about a guy who, until he signs Wednesday, is part of the GT family. Failing to understand why or how your panties got that bunched up?
honestly i will always consider him part of the family. i know some older people won’t but i will always be rooting for him and he will hold a special place in my heart no matter where he ends up in the nfl. unless he goes to the steelers. as a ravens fan that would kill me

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
honestly i will always consider him part of the family. i know some older people won’t but i will always be rooting for him and he will hold a special place in my heart no matter where he ends up in the nfl. unless he goes to the steelers. as a ravens fan that would kill me
Sorry, but I’m “older” and I think he’s part of the family. Unless he goes to UGA, of course. Although…if he ends up with the Steelers, I might forgive him even for that 😄

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck

Well some people like to talk about former players that gave us a lot of joy and entertainment. What's it to you?

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
I bet you're a lot of fun at parties. Gibbs made 2nd Team All American while in a GT uniform. Would your opinion be any different if he suffered a season ending, or career ending, injury?

"Gibbs is the first Yellow Jacket running back to be named as high as a second-team all-American since Eddie Lee Ivery in 1978" - https://ramblinwreck.com/gibbs-named-all-america/

Regardless of what Gibbs does next year, or for the rest of his career, he did that while wearing a GT uniform. And that deserves celebration.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer

Because he's going to the best possible place to torment the dwags?