Jahmyr Gibbs Getting Some Recognition

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You would think Clinton lynch or even Irwin smith would have done that

Smith only caught two TD passes his entire career. Lynch had 5 TDs rushing as a freshman but only 4 TD rushing the rest of his 3 years.

In general most of our rushing TDs under Johnson came from QBs and BBacks. Our ABs didn't really rack up a ton of TDs and since we rotated them so much they individually didn't get many touches.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The under utilization of the A backs will always be my greatest regret for Coach Johnson’s offense. We never saw the true potential of that offense where it could be ground and pound then flipped to a four receiver set. It became a QB keeper offense instead of a QB distributor offense. We wasted so many talented athletes at the A back position that it drive me nuts. Lynch, Searcy, Zenon, Smith could have all put up huge numbers in a short/intermediate passing game. Instead we had 30 QB keepers a game. Patenaude won’t make that mistake with Gibbs.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The under utilization of the A backs will always be my greatest regret for Coach Johnson’s offense. We never saw the true potential of that offense where it could be ground and pound then flipped to a four receiver set. It became a QB keeper offense instead of a QB distributor offense. We wasted so many talented athletes at the A back position that it drive me nuts. Lynch, Searcy, Zenon, Smith could have all put up huge numbers in a short/intermediate passing game. Instead we had 30 QB keepers a game. Patenaude won’t make that mistake with Gibbs.
I have 2 theories: 1. Our Abacks were not consistent enough blocking for each other. Way too many whiffs led to way too many plays blown up for big losses, or worse. 2. Rules changes made it tougher for Abacks to cutblock “legally” which compounded theory 1.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
39F150E0-D281-4984-A5D0-48CD2C2CE2DB.png
Gibbs 4th in the nation in all purpose yards per game. 2and 3 have only played 1 game