Jahaziel Lee in the Transfer Portal ??

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Will miss him and wish him luck, but guys remember this is a free year we will have lots more move on you have a recruiting class coming in and technically all on the team now can come back. You have to make room you don't want one class over loaded.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I imagine he wants to get back close to home. I expect him to go back to school in Louisiana somewhere.

Nothing wrong with that especially these days.

Good luck to Jahaziel. Even though the future NFL DT hype from CGC didn't come to fruition here, we can all be appreciative of how he's contributed to the program.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The other thing that's not said is Lee will have been here for while. Sometimes people are just ready to move on to something new after a while. Nothing wrong with it...especially since Lee has been nothing but class during his time here. He'll have his GT degree.

If he's ready for another chapter in life, and he can do it on scholarship with someone else paying for it, you gotta be happy for him for making that decision.
I wouldn’t blame him. I love Tech and have many fond memories, but near the end, I couldn’t wait to be done.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn’t blame him. I love Tech and have many fond memories, but near the end, I couldn’t wait to be done.
I tell co-ops who work on my team that I am way happier to have gone to Tech than I ever was going there. Not that I didn't enjoy some things...I certainly did...but I was super happy to get out and never for one second have I wished I was back there.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Tech is a weird mother. She taught me a lot about life. I made life long friends--brothers?-- who I had fun with under the watchful eye of Ma. I hated the academics. I thought I would never go to school again. But I ended up with 2 graduate degrees elsewhere that I actually enjoyed. But for some reason, it's Ma Tech that always calls me back.

My son is at Tech now. He works hard but he doesn't seem to hate the grind the way I did almost 50 years ago (frightening to say that). Ma seems to be a little softer in her ways with her children. She is mellowing in her old age I guess.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
but near the end, I couldn’t wait to be done.

I think it was somewhere in the second or third week of the first quarter of my freshman year that I started having that feeling. When I reflect back on my time there, I always think of that Dickens line...."it was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness". I don't know when Dickens got out ( I think he was there before Coach Dodd) but he sure captured the Tech experience in that line there.

slugboy

Staff member
I’m not sure what he’s doing, but if you’re interested in coaching, it only takes a year to add on an education degree to the degree you get at Tech.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech is a weird mother. She taught me a lot about life. I made life long friends--brothers?-- who I had fun with under the watchful eye of Ma. I hated the academics. I thought I would never go to school again. But I ended up with 2 graduate degrees elsewhere that I actually enjoyed. But for some reason, it's Ma Tech that always calls me back.

My son is at Tech now. He works hard but he doesn't seem to hate the grind the way I did almost 50 years ago (frightening to say that). Ma seems to be a little softer in her ways with her children. She is mellowing in her old age I guess.
86 BSME here - same with my son - he's finishing up a Masters there now. And yes, while still a challenge, Ma is a bit softer in the approach. Best example is how Ma now brags about their Freshman retention and overall graduation rate as compared to how she used to brag about how many couldn't cut it...