Jackson State

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Another positive is there isn't much upside to playing JSU. Doesn't improve SOS with a W, could potentially lose, possible injuries.

I'm happy the game is cancelled.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Another positive is there isn't much upside to playing JSU. Doesn't improve SOS with a W, could potentially lose, possible injuries.

With that logic we should cancel the rest of our season as we could potentially lose and possibly get injured in all of them. And even in ACC games there are some that won't improve our SOS.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow

I think it would have been useful to see those fringe pitchers to see what they are like in live game experience. And with Simpson being out, it shows that we have the prepared for any situation, so it would have been nice to see how guys could be used if something else happens.
But coming off that double header Sunday, I’m not sure if we even had enough guys left unless we wanted to start putting Jenkins on the mound.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
With that logic we should cancel the rest of our season as we could potentially lose and possibly get injured in all of them. And even in ACC games there are some that won't improve our SOS.
That's being dramatic. Just saying JSU stinks and doesn't help our resume.

Last edited:

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
That's being dramatic. Just saying JSU stinks and doesn't help our resume.
We don't play games like Jackson State to help our resume. We play them to give the regulars a chance to work out some kinks and to give the younger players a chance to show what they can do in live game situations. Also, in this particular case, it would give the middle infielders a chance to work together not knowing how much longer Simpson might be out. Look at the schedules of most of the top teams around the country and you will see games against teams like Jackson State for the very same reason.