1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Article Jackets to Host Prairie View A&M Friday Afternoon

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by Peacone36, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

What is the sample size? Just this season? AD just can’t not foul. Banks is our best option at the pivot

2. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Chat is live (ish)

Gtswarm.com/chat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  3. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

It looks like they Jackets didn't come to play. Prairie View leads Georgia Tech 38-33 in the 2nd half:banghead:

4. Peacone36

We shoulda let em shoot

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  5. MikeJackets1967

It's horrible to be struggling against a bad team like Prairie View:rolleyes::banghead::vomit:

6. Peacone36

Stop playing AD with other bigs. God dammit

LargeFO and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  7. Peacone36

Are we ready to accept what we are or are we still “gonna surprise some people?”

8. MikeJackets1967

GT wins 65-54 it wasn't pretty but it was a win:cigar:

9. lauraee

lauraee Helluva Engineer

Nope we are going to surprise some people. Hopefully have a chance @ nit.

msargent1, THWG, AE 87 and 2 others like this.
  10. MikeJackets1967

We will learn a lot about this team in the next two games against Northwestern and St Johns:cigar:

RamblinCharger likes this.
  11. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

Why do you ask that like it is one or the other. We are a young team that plays good defense with the talent to get streaky hot from beyond the arc but rely too much on underclassmen in that regard so we will be inconsistent. We will surprise some teams when our shots are falling, and the inconsistency in that regard will probably cost us. Inconsistent is what we are, and will probably be the entire year.

THWG and LibertyTurns like this.
  12. YlJacket

YlJacket Helluva Engineer

Just listened today but seems we don't move on offense. Not the end of the world to have a game like this but we have to get movement on offense.

Haven't seen St Johns but did watch NW get boxed by Fresno State. NW was long but otherwise unimpressive. Did not shoot particularly well and their defense was pretty meh. Especially perimeter D. Even with today's showing I like our chances.

13. slugboy

This team has a defensive identity. It hasn’t found an offensive one. If it finds one on offense, it can be good.

Fatmike91, THWG and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  14. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

The team as a unit is 3 and D

15. slugboy

But we aren’t hitting 3’s all that well

AUFC likes this.
  16. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

This was a good outcome - we lost the game and will hopefully learn a lot from that - but we didn’t have to take an L in the L Column like we did last year against Grambling.

Alvarado reminds me of the Austin twins - nobody has a bigger heart.

GTNavyNuke, Bogey and THWG like this.
  17. tsrich

tsrich Ramblin' Wreck

We seem to be streaky with 3s although we are so much better when they come in the flow of the offense. A lot of the ones today, even wide open, were not in the flow

18. SecretAgentBuzz

SecretAgentBuzz Helluva Engineer

Thank goodness for Alvarado! 9 straight points to get us back ahead. He willed us to this win so that we could avoid an embarrassing loss. Alston had some big shots too. Horrible shooting day, especially in the 1st half. Thankful for the win. Might would have lost this last year.

THWG likes this.
  19. Ramblingon

Ramblingon Ramblin' Wreck

Don't care what anyone says about Alston.. he saved several games for us last season and continues to do so.

20. glandon1960

glandon1960 Ramblin' Wreck

I was there, totally agree with the statement.

D was pretty good most of the game, PV made some tough shots and had several shot clock violations.
    First half (and part of second), offense stood around and relied too much on someone beating their man - cuts were passive, Banks/AD did not distribute well from high post (we have been spoiled with Lammers passing from there). When we got open looks no one made any. The only run in first half was off the defense. Last years team probably loses this one. If we play like this against most ACC teams we lose by 15-20.

I hope Alston does not wake up - I never expected him to play at level he has ... we may have lost this without him

When AD and Banks were in together, the defensive end was very good - luckily Jose got hot and offense was able to score with them both in there.
    AD did have two nice assists.

Cole did not dress - no more boot. Moses was solid most of the time he played. A lot of small ball but a lot of that was how we matched up best.

slugboy likes this.