Jack Leggett is OUT

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First off, a site called "Rubbing The Rock" seems just wrong. Especially with the logo ...... but they are myopic about Clemson in northern SC.

I'm not surprised really. DRad would probably have done the same thing with Hall had he still been here. Leggett and Hall are in the same league, damn good coaches but not able to go the final mile to have elite programs. But I don't know that it matters much for either school, either school probably has a 25% chance of finding a better coach, 25% chance of finding one the same and 50% chance of finding one who is worse.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Leggett was easy to troll from the stands of the Rusty C, iiuc. He'll be missed.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Sorry but I don't believe we have any where close to a 50% shot at getting an equal or better coach if we change. Chance of finding a better coach.....10% IMO. Yall follow beezball more than I do though so take that for what it's worth.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Sorry but I don't believe we have any where close to a 50% shot at getting an equal or better coach if we change. Chance of finding a better coach.....10% IMO. Yall follow beezball more than I do though so take that for what it's worth.

First off, Coach Hall's job is safe. Second, I respectfully disagree with finding an equal or better coach. There's a lot of coaches that would love to have this job if it ever came open. If it wasn't for Ray Tanner, coach Hall wouldn't even have this job. It was his recommendation that got him here. Here's the story:
“It’s really interesting, the job opened up at an unusual time,” Hall said.

He called Ray Tanner, then the head coach at NC State, asking if he thought there was a front-runner for the job. He also asked Tanner if he was going to go after the job.

Tanner told Hall there wasn’t a front-runner – top assistant Rick Jones had just left Tech for the head job at Tulane – and that he wasn’t interested. He asked Hall: Do you know who Randy Carroll is?

Carroll, a former Tech All-American, was influential in helping Morris build the Yellow Jackets into a national program through fundraising and attracting advertisers. Tanner told Hall that Carroll was heading the search committee for athletic director Homer Rice.

“I had a Georgia Tech media guide in my office for whatever reason,” Hall recalled.

In it, he stumbled across an ad for Mountain National Bank, led by Randy Carroll. Hall called the bank and introduced himself to Carroll, who advised him to send a resume and cover letter to him and Rice. Hall hurriedly sent his life’s work via Fed Ex and called Carroll back to confirm that he received his package.

GT_DannyHall3_Large.jpg
Hall remembers Carroll’s response.

“He says, ‘Just about everybody who has applied for this job, I’ve either seen them play against Georgia Tech or coach against Georgia Tech. I don’t know a damn thing about you.’” Hall said.

Carroll, now the executive chairman of the board and director of business development at Buckhead Investment Partners in Atlanta, said, “I didn’t know Danny Hall. I’d been contacted by so many people over a few days. I was pretty straight forward about it. I guess I was pretty blatant, I hate to say it now.”

But Carroll and Rice gave Hall a look. They enlisted former Tech player Cam Bonifay, newly minted general manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates and a member of the search committee, to check on Hall among professional scouts. They checked in with college coaches who had played against Hall’s Kent State squads. Everywhere they called, the answer came back the same: He can recruit, and he can coach.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree that we have a very desirable head coaching position. Great location to sell, great school whose discipline matches up well with many baseball players, an administration that doesn't / hasn't fired on a whim and great conference to play in. Timing is everything is getting a new coach since it depends who is available at the time......

All that said, I think we will have Hall as long as his son is at GT. Hall has done a lot for GT baseball and I think we will do better the next few years IF we can get pitching fixed. The other parts are there.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Let's see..Perfect Game has the recruiting class 2015 at #11 (14) HS commits (3) Top 100 and 2016 at #14 (10) HS commits (1) Top 100 and that's not after what happen or will happen in the MLB draft by position.

I know this fit's many threads: Decline of our program, MLB Draft and coaching staff..etc:whistle: I'll leave it at that:censored: (not at you Nuke)