Ja

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
I honestly don’t know how y’all can say you’re rooting against him. That is the softest, lamest, weakest stuff I’ve ever seen on here. The dude was the best player on our team, played hard, and is really the only reason we even won three games twice. Also, his RB coach left. Going to Alabama was essentially a grad transfer decision and the difference between millions of dollars based on his draft pick. I’m happy to see him succeed and hope he does amazing things. I guarantee if it was you who had the chance to make a couple million dollars you wouldn’t even blink an eye.
Eh. Cheered for him while he was here, but his last year he had one foot out the door.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I honestly don’t know how y’all can say you’re rooting against him. That is the softest, lamest, weakest stuff I’ve ever seen on here. The dude was the best player on our team, played hard, and is really the only reason we even won three games twice. Also, his RB coach left. Going to Alabama was essentially a grad transfer decision and the difference between millions of dollars based on his draft pick. I’m happy to see him succeed and hope he does amazing things. I guarantee if it was you who had the chance to make a couple million dollars you wouldn’t even blink an eye.
I just don’t like Bama. Once they leave here, they are like free agents. Don’t care.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I still love Gibbs idc
Agree. I still root for Gibbs and I'm honestly a bit surprised to see that people are "salty" (aka butt hurt). I don't blame Gibbs at all - and anyone that was calling for a new coach shouldn't either. He's an elite talent that will be getting paid to play football very soon. I'm happy for him and will continue to root for him.

I can't help but wonder if we'd canned TPO earlier, would we have been able to keep Gibbs and others? I include Coach Tashard Choice in this. They're kinda like that perfect ex-girlfriend that you can't quite remember why you broke up. It'll sting for years...

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
CTC was an alternate RB for the Dallas Cowboys and the University of Texas comes calling for my services, no way I don't leave GT and go, guess a lot of people don't understand the difference in GT, playing for the Cowboys and UT Austin today and for a long, long time now.
If the GT administration truly gets behind GT FB we can change that, but I'm just waiting to see what their words really mean and whether we have a chance to meet the potential we have - being who we are, where we're located etc. and where I think CFB is headed in the coming years.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I hope he scores everytime he touches the ball and don't blame him for leaving. Be cool to have him now that we seem to care again!

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree. I still root for Gibbs and I'm honestly a bit surprised to see that people are "salty" (aka butt hurt). I don't blame Gibbs at all - and anyone that was calling for a new coach shouldn't either. He's an elite talent that will be getting paid to play football very soon. I'm happy for him and will continue to root for him.

I can't help but wonder if we'd canned TPO earlier, would we have been able to keep Gibbs and others? I include Coach Tashard Choice in this. They're kinda like that perfect ex-girlfriend that you can't quite remember why you broke up. It'll sting for years...
I root for a school. Not a player (or a coach). It’s not that I am salty. I could just care less about what he is doing.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
yes. Preach on brother. . I agree with every word .

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Under the circumstances, especially considering The Former Guy we had as HC, I can't blame him for leaving - even without consideration of the money.

I'm just grateful for the time he was here.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
He is pretty small for the Pro game. I know there are exceptional small guys who have great Pro careers like Warrick Dunn but they are the exception and not the rule. In fact, if you research it the shelf life of a Pro running back is about 3 years regardless of size. He just has to hope to stay healthy and be smart with his whatever money he accumulates. I'm sure Alabama is already paying him well.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Under the circumstances, especially considering The Former Guy we had as HC, I can't blame him for leaving - even without consideration of the money.

I'm just grateful for the time he was here.
A blessing that TFG got him to the flats. Those that saw him live will never forget their thought of " how did he do that" . Tv does not capture his talent.

Like the TFG name.

Its way shorter than the one for the author of bend and break defense. He AG was fired after Middle Tennessee State stole his defensive signals. AG is remembered by a longer handle " MTSU SCORES AGAIN!"

JacketFan137

Banned
i never took too much exception for the people who said they’d root against him. i’m younger than the average tech fan apparently so my fandom came long after bama was ever on our schedule.

that being said the people i did find annoying were the people saying he was gonna be a small fish in a big pond, he wouldn’t look impressive there etc. that was just a ridiculous thing to say. anyone with eyes could see he’s the best player since calvin from a pure talent standpoint. guys had better careers like thomas, nesbitt, demaryius etc, but gibbs was the best player on the field in every game he played for us except the uga game

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I’m not overtly rooting FOR him, (as I am not a Bama fan), but I am not overtly rooting against him, either. I really don’t think it needs to be that complicated. The state of our program was so bad when he left, I can’t see how any fan realistically holds that against him.
This is how I feel. There is a connection to a player on another team, so I'm interested in how they do. I don't really care if he does well or fails, just find it interesting to see how he does.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This is how I feel. There is a connection to a player on another team, so I'm interested in how they do. I don't really care if he does well or fails, just find it interesting to see how he does.
I met his grand ma at the unc benz tail gate. She needed a chair. Next thing i know i met other friends. Good folks.
I cheer for him.