"It's us against the world"

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
That seems to be the theme this week.

I talked to a few starters today and that was the overall feel that I got.

One stated that it's "us guys in the lockroom vs everyone"

Another added "I don't want to hear anything on those blogs after we beat VT"

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Unfortunately they do read the blogs, and all the negativity and criticism undermines morale.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Whatever motivates them. I normally don't say too bad of things about the team and I actually took the money line this week, but if the Wrecks in effects of the word piss them off and they play with their hair on fire, then good.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Is this a blog though? I think most everyone here is pragmatic with a lean to the positive.
ESPN on the other hand...
Good news is we get a game recap this week, one way or the other.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I was gonna suggest they read GT Swarm prediction thread but then I realized I've ignored the ones that most likely predicted a bad loss.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Is this a blog though? I think most everyone here is pragmatic with a lean to the positive.
ESPN on the other hand...
Good news is we get a game recap this week, one way or the other.
I would consider this a blog-forum hybrid. It has all the aspects of a true forum, but Eric and co. have also begun putting out articles and interviews and stuff that you'd be more likely to see on a blog

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
I will support this team no matter what. Do I get disappointed when they don't play well or lose? Yes. They can win this game but they need to know we've got their backs.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Well since we haven't beat va tech in 5 years I think we have a reason why...but I always believe in this team and if they come out with their hair on fire then they could blow them out. Just haven't seen it for two halves.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I don't know what Blogs they're reading, but these comments kind of bother me. One, I think it's pretty sad that they don't realize that they have fans who support them. And, two, I think it's sad that they don't realize that the relationship is a two way street.

If our D has been playing to the limits of their ability for the first few games, then they shouldn't expect to do well against VPI. If they haven't been playing to the limits of their ability, then they shouldn't expect all their fans to be happy.

This "poor us" attitude, imo, is not a good sign, but I hope I'm over-interpreting. I would rather that our team realize that they haven't shown themselves as champs yet. I'm one of the biggest supporters of our team and our coaches, but I'm getting tired of the talk without the walk. I have no doubt that they CAN back it up, but they HAVEN'T yet, imo.

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope those player look at this site. There are plenty of places that lean to negative, this one is different and the reason it's my favorite. I hope the player read this, I am with you win or lose...for the record I predict a win.

Matt E

GT Athlete
You don't think CPJ isn't using the ESPN blogs ranking us 13/14 in the ACC as motivation? I'm glad he is doing so. I'm sure it's a "nobody is giving you any respect, go take it".

Few things are more powerful than a "everyone thinks you are hot garbage" speach. Every coach does it.