It's not about the Jimmy's and the Joes...

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
...it's ultimately about the Benjamins, the Bills and the Bucks.

SEC, Big Ten each top $2 billion in athletic department revenue, outpacing Power Five foes

According to this article, Tech has the lowest revenue in the third best conference.
I don't think private school data is included there, which is 6 ACC schools. I can't imagine Wake Forest for example, has higher athletic revenue than Tech. Just googling Wake's athletic revenue, $84.5m comes up which would put them about $10m less than Tech's number in this article.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I don't think private school data is included there, which is 6 ACC schools. I can't imagine Wake Forest for example, has higher athletic revenue than Tech. Just googling Wake's athletic revenue, $84.5m comes up which would put them about $10m less than Tech's number in this article.
Correct. Data on the private schools was not included. So, we're the lowest of the public schools in the ACC.

BTW, apparently we are better off than Rutgers, so maybe there is a spot for us in the B1G after all.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Well we got that going for us.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Was watching Colin Cowherd the other day and he noted that back in the day SEC schools beat up on everyone else, but now teams like Michigan and Ohio State and Texas can play with SEC teams neck-and-neck - there’s no talent disparity. And then Cowherd goes, “And you know why? Because buying players is legal now and anyone can do it.”

He went on to mention that he personally knew one former SEC defensive back who was All-SEC and multi-Pro Bowler who was paid to go there (Pre-NIL). Lookin’ at you, Honey Badger.