It's Monday

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
It's Monday and dwag fans are still trolling about the 117 fans we obviously had at the spring game. It's funny how dumb they are. Guess they don't know what rain is or what Good Friday is. Not saying we should have had 40k there but I bet you would if would have been 12-15 K maybe a tad more if the weather was good and it wasn't Good Friday..

tugdog235

Georgia Tech Fan
We definitely had way more than 117 there. I saw it on unaffiliated sites too, which somewhat annoyed me.

Attendance at practice means squat. I laugh when I see 60,000 at a spring game. Our priorities are way out of line.

I beg to differ. Certainly a chilly monsoon and it being Good Friday influenced the turnout, but you have your head, up urrr, in the sand if you think all is hunky-dory with the program right now. Back-to-back mediocre coaches have put Georgia Tech football off most people's calendars, even the die hard locals (if there are any of those left). I don't expect us to draw 70,000 to the spring game as they do in Tuscaloosa, Opelika, or Beaver Stadium, but even Duke, Southern, and Syracuse had 4000. The best we have done in recent memory was 11,000 and I'll bet that was a "house" estimate. Interest (or disinterest) in the program does mean squat . Right now we are on a 12 or 13 year hiatus from good football and "feel good" support at Georgia Tech.

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
I beg to differ. Certainly a chilly monsoon and it being Good Friday influenced the turnout, but you have your head, up urrr, in the sand if you think all is hunky-dory with the program right now. Back-to-back mediocre coaches have put Georgia Tech football off most people's calendars, even the die hard locals (if there are any of those left). I don't expect us to draw 70,000 to the spring game as they do in Tuscaloosa, Opelika, or Beaver Stadium, but even Duke, Southern, and Syracuse had 4000. The best we have done in recent memory was 11,000 and I'll bet that was a "house" estimate. Interest (or disinterest) in the program does mean squat . Right now we are on a 12 or 13 year hiatus from good football and "feel good" support at Georgia Tech.

We had ~18k two years ago. Nobody wants to go fight friday night traffic to sit in the rain and watch a spring game with all the festivities cancelled when the same game can be watched on ESPN3. The weather was the main reason for the poor turnout, not the state of the program.

Last edited:

Squints

Helluva Engineer
The spring game is a glorified practice. The obsession over spring game attendance that has developed over the past few years is idiotic. The whole 117 people thing is a UGA troll. Ignore it.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I've got to disagree.It matters to the recruits who came to see the schoolspirit and interest vs that of our opponents.Track it and see how many of those guys show up here.

You honestly think spring game attendance on a ****ty night is going to make or break our chance to get these guys? Yea ok.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow. People really get worked up about how many people attended a glorified practice in rain, huh?

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Most fans don't even realize what spring practice is, or they just don't care at all about it. We do because we're the "diehard fans" that take the time to talk on a forum about spring football. Georgia fans are the joke of the SEC, they think they're good but they never win anything important. Let them keep thinking they're good at something while we make money and laugh at them when real teams like bama and auburn beat them every year.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
alaguy post: 44493 said:
I've got to disagree.It matters to the recruits who came to see the schoolspirit and interest vs that of our opponents.Track it and see how many of those guys show up here.

I will do this.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
People need to delve a little bit deeper than spring game attendance to truly analyze where we are as a program. This is not something I'd expect most SEC fanboys to (a) do or (b) understand. I'm certainly not going to lose sleep over it or their opinions of it.

I'm sure KY, MissSt and the like had tens of thousands at theirs. Hope they had fun with that and their bound for nowhere programs.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I will do this.
I can hear it now in FEB-- (if you assume there is a BUNCH of mutual interest for them to be here for game-)
they didn't sign with us because ----we had a bad yr,we lost to uga again,the coach that was recruiting him left,he didn't make his grades,we took someone else at that position---no relation to the fact they were really unimpressed with our Spring game showing