It is always different the second time

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I e-watched the game.
  • Funny how I forgot the team was within a score2 pt conversion with 6 minutes left in the 4th. Still a loss but we were in it.
  • Vad showed he can run the option and will get better with time
  • The defense stopped Miami with turnovers and gave us a chance to win even if they could not do much else.
  • Give the ball more to Godhigh or Andrews or Perkins
  • Wish I knew the passing completion percentage for passes over 20 yards long for the year.
  • I hate the we passed the last drive away. We could have ran out the clock and scored. This would have put the game tie on a risky 2 point conversion.
We need a deeper healthy offensive line.

Let's beat BYU

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I e-watched the game.
  • Funny how I forgot the team was within a score2 pt conversion with 6 minutes left in the 4th. Still a loss but we were in it.
  • Vad showed he can run the option and will get better with time
  • The defense stopped Miami with turnovers and gave us a chance to win even if they could not do much else.
  • Give the ball more to Godhigh or Andrews or Perkins
  • Wish I knew the passing completion percentage for passes over 20 yards long for the year.
  • I hate the we passed the last drive away. We could have ran out the clock and scored. This would have put the game tie on a risky 2 point conversion.
We need a deeper healthy offensive line.

Let's beat BYU
Those three and Deon Hill. When he got carries on Saturday, he looked great, but I'm not sure he actually got any touches in the second half (I might be wrong on this)

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Seemed like Vad was much quicker with the option pitch than he has been in the past - likely because he had to as the Miami guys were getting in the backfield. Looks way different than the way Tevin ran it. With Tevin it seemed like 2 steps back, pause, run to the outside with the A-back. If Vad tried to do that he'd be roadkill. For all of his faults, Tevin was a master at running the option, but his decisions don't seem quicker than Vad's when ran side by side. How could the blocking get so much worse in 1 year with almost the same players?

Tevin:

Vad @ 1:08 :

Now both of these are successful option plays obviously but the time from snap to pitch is very similar 2.5-3 seconds. The major difference I saw when looking for examples was every Vad video was filled with the other team in the backfield. The Tevin video is a clinic on blocking.

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
Vad seems to scramble before he decides to keep and run. Maybe the O-Line isn't opening up holes quick enough.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I was wondering about Deon, his few runs in the 1st half were what we've been wanting to see out the A backs. He decisive and know how to read the blocks in front of him. I wonder if he had a flare up of the Crohn's? Oh I have to give Synjyn his props for the block on Perkins' long run.

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
Vad was obviously coached to make the quick pitches. Just like VT, Miami was sending a blitz and attacking the QB before he got a chance to get on the perimeter, but he was ready this time.